REIGN's REBUILD! Its a beautiful thing... (THAT IS FOR SALE) =(

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Thanks everyone...

Yeah, here is a toy I just got in the mail from MDC! I LIKE THIS THING! I cant wait to see how it performs!

40mm HKS w/g...
ip6po1.jpg
ip6umg.jpg
ip6usi.jpg
ip6uth.jpg

EVEN THE KITTY'S APPROVE!!!
ip6uyc.jpg

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Hey yeah, that thing is pretty cool, it'll swivel 360*... But yeah, I planned on doing that... Besides I need to thread in a nipple for the other side too...

Thanks again on the quick shipping and great deal! I cant wait to hook it up!

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
think that 40mm will be big enough? i have a 38 mm and was having some low boost control problems with my t04r on a 1jz.. maybe 50 mm would be better?

I recently ordered a tial 44 mm I think that will suit my needs... but yea i would consider going with a larger wastegate..

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
CK: low boost? HAHHHAHAHHAHHAHA But seriously, I dont think I'll be lower than 1 bar... That TiAL 38mm held boost perfectly even at 13psi... Besides MDC set me up right on this thing... Its flawless... I think a 40mm should suit my purposes just fine, especially for a high boost application...

Justin: thanks man... Its definately a nice piece! DO NOT GET THE EBAY ONE!!! Get a true HKS or like CK, get a nice TiAL...

UPDATE!

Bob-outofstep- came by today and helped me pull the motor... So she's out... Todays weather sucked ballziacs... It was cold, rainy, and I forgot my spcae heater... So we didnt get it ona stand, yet... We just pulled it out... Called it quits, and went home for pizza...

Here are some pics...

ipts7o.jpg
iptw08.jpg
iptw94.jpg
iptxk3.jpg

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
Cold? What did it drop below 60 or something?? Was in the upper twenties this morning here and thats warm compared to some others. I work in my garage with a sweatshirt and hoodie and still freeze my nuts off! You were pretty brave with that long chain, I used one a lot shorter and was still close on getting the motor and tranny to clear. Lookin good.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
Im just saying.. i had problems... I like to have a larger wastegate then needed... just as a lil buffer.. ya know? my 38 worked but at like 6-9 psi (lol yea i know thats low.. but what if it rains?) the boost would creep at 4500 rpm... meh.. just something to think about.. ya know? now that my car doesnt see rain... i wont run any less then 14 psi...

yea i know i can control boost with my right foot. but i like to be able to run low boost sometimes... meh.. maybe im just wierd..

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Hell yeah, Nate, it was like 58 or 59 degrees here, lol... Actually, I dunno how cold it was, but I could see my breath, so... Hey, I dont mind cold... I just dont like cold + rain... Cold + snow = good times... Cold + rain = ballziac! lol...

CK: the Supra never sees rain... I love this car so much, the last thing I need is some blue hair slidin into me in the rain... So I drive the 4X4 truck when it rains...

But I understand your concern, I hope this works out for me... I mean if not, I can always upgrade... This is an EASY part to swap out, lol... Not like: Gee I hope I get the right pistons this time, lol... :D:D:D I got a great deal on this piece, and if it doesnt work out, I have the 40-50mm flange, I can always upgrade... :)

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
resistance is futile, my car will own yours. :biglaugh:

I pulled my old motor tonight (with a lot of help from Josh) & sent it along with Josh. My rebuild has officially begun.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
That's a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG drive bro! Did I mention its long? lol...

Rak, josh got yur long block? *jpeek?* Hey bro, you ever get your clutch from that guy?