REIGN's REBUILD! Its a beautiful thing... (THAT IS FOR SALE) =(

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
hey jake!

looks like everything is going awesome!!!!!!!! i cant wait to see a finished product! OO-- btw, I put my rims on today...thanks a lot, they look great, now im just waiting on my teins!

William

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Got the motor on the stand, will start tear down tomorrow... Thanks to Kelly for the advice on the clutch fork... *PITA* Anyway, dont think I have a performance clutch... I dont think ANYTHING that fugger said about this motor is true except the ARP head bolts... I learned a big lesson, I will NEVER buy a "modded" car with out proof of receipts...

Will keep you all updated...

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Check my response IJ, lol...

BTW guys, I got a chance to use those Husky impact wrenches, and I gotta say, I LOVE EM! Every garage/shop should have a set! And for the money; the quality and performance are fantastic!

mcpcola

7M's = Peoples Champ
Jul 4, 2005
Greater Gulf Coast
damn Jake get this beast together so i can get the bug to Go Turbo. Hell now that my car is back on the road Power or not I love it. After 5 month and endless problems She is purring and Feeling good. I got a complete System from the old lady for christmas so tunes are bumping good. We need to get a mini NW FL meet after the rebuild is complete P.S. I will take all your leftovers HA HA joking you sold all the good stuff.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Its going to be a while before Im ready... I was hopin to have her done by march: who knows... I want it right, so if I hafta wait, then I hafta wait...

Good job on the tunes man, glad you got your system...

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
I got the motor torn to pieces... I think I need to rehone and bore the cylinders... :D But of course, NO forged internals... :mad: :mad:
So for all you who wonder, YES!!! YOU CAN MAKE 500+ HP ON STOCK INTERNALS! Anyway, the #3 cylinder that had the low compression seems to have a fine cylinder, but the valves in the hot side seem like they arent sitting well, like debris under the valve seat... So that's probably the compression leak right there... but its niether here nor there now... All my pistons look great... All the rings are intact... The bearings on the rods AND the crank look absolutely perfect, like brand new... No wear, no tear... The tops of the pistons look clean, however the head looks like its had gouges in it... Like some debris or something put cuts into the chamber area, see pics... The only real concern I had was when I took off the oil pan, I had quite the party of materials stuck to my oil pump screen... Non magnetic metal fragments, plastic and RTV gasket rubber crap... Also, I dunno what kind of MHG is on here, it's SUPPPPPPOSE to be an HKS 2.0mm STOPPER, but no where does it say HKS on it... I dunno if it suppose to have HKS on it, but I will say this: its thick as a MOFO! Anyway I can tell?

Anyway, here are some pics: ENJOY MY FRIENDS....
jgr3ft.jpg

jgqzuq.jpg

jgr31z.jpg

jgr0vs.jpg

jgr2qd.jpg

jgr3pv.jpg

jgr3uw.jpg

jgr60o.jpg

jgrvpt.jpg

jgrwd5.jpg

jgryh3.jpg

jgrzht.jpg

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
It DID have ARP head bolts... :D:D:D

I know right, those gouges look like something bounced around in there, but the pistons all look fine... So who knows... Doesnt matter, Im buying all forged pistons anyway... Im glad the block has no holes in it, YET! :D:D:D

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Reign_Maker said:
It DID have ARP head bolts... :D:D:D

I know right, those gouges look like something bounced around in there, but the pistons all look fine... So who knows... Doesnt matter, Im buying all forged pistons anyway... Im glad the block has no holes in it, YET! :D:D:D

You're motor doesn't look all that bad. Sure, the head looks a little rough, but for a motor that was pushing 500 rwhp, I'd say it looks pretty good.

Are you using the ziplock baggies?

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Lots of baggies... I've been trying to keep it all organized, but theres so much, I sure hope I can put this fugger back together... lol... I've got an initial pile of bolts, nuts, washers and other odds and ends I have no idea where they go... I might just throw them all at teh block and see what sticks, lol...

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Yeah, thats what Im think Malloy, it couldnt have been a fun party in there, lol... The piston looks fine though... Just the head got a little biten up... I think it can be lapped out... Im going to get all new valves, and have the 3 angle valve job done... I really think that's where my compression leak was... I'd like to pull that valve out and see what the condition is, but Im gunna leave that up to the machine shop...

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
Reign_Maker said:
Lots of baggies... I've been trying to keep it all organized, but theres so much, I sure hope I can put this fugger back together... lol... I've got an initial pile of bolts, nuts, washers and other odds and ends I have no idea where they go... I might just throw them all at teh block and see what sticks, lol...

haha kinda sounds like what i did, and surprisingly it runs, but most the bolts only fit in one or two places

u have any idea what the pieces u found on the pump screen are???