REIGN's REBUILD! Its a beautiful thing... (THAT IS FOR SALE) =(

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
CS, thanks buddy...

Buckshot: you see the way it used to look? :( I had to make it match, lol... But yeah, it's a Cusco strut bar... Its nice, sits nice and its really light weight...

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Reign_Maker said:
Jeff, have you started the work yet? Do you have a build thread going? I definately wanty to keep an eye on what you're doing with the car...

Spent some time on the car today... Got the engine reassmebled.. *took parts off to clear coat* I've also been cleaning up the wiring... I have some, *surprise surprise* mystery wires/clips... I would post the pics here, but I think Im just gunna post a thread in general...I will get some more pics this weekend... Im having "fun" again working on the car... :)

My camera is MIA right now and I couldn't wait, but I'm gonna get one soon if I can't find it. I have the motors and trannys out of both cars. I am sending it to the stereo shop soon for the wiring and new headunit, speakers, 1 sub. Then planning to put on some new body panels (secret for now) and paint and RonR's long runner manifold, I'm just going all out on this one.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Awesome Jeff, keep me posted man... And get yur cam or use that fancy phone you have, lol... I wanna be able to follow this build you have goin...

Jimi, thanks! You have really good taste, so when you compliment, I appreciate it!

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
Why would you be ashamed to open that hood, looks awesome from the pictures.

Here's another great tip..............but this stuff, Gloss Black, in a quart at Home Depot and foam brushes. Brush it on your frame rails and engine cradle, it dries like a smooth gloss plastic and will always be easy to keep clean. Use it on everything you want gloss black, the brush strokes do not show once it dries.

ps_stopsrust04.jpg

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Reign_Maker said:
Awesome Jeff, keep me posted man... And get yur cam or use that fancy phone you have, lol... I wanna be able to follow this build you have goin...

Jimi, thanks! You have really good taste, so when you compliment, I appreciate it!

I am hard at work and fancy camera phone for now. :)

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Kyle: Im an attention whore... LOOK AT MEEEEEE! ;)

Lance, I actually did that, lol... All my black parts are rustoleum with clear coat, lol... I figure it'll stop the rust, and I know that stuff is really durable, we use it on rod iron fencing... I was REALLY worried that when I cleared it that it would orange peel or crack the paint, but it held up nice... I had sprayed my window strip, the big one under the windshield, I sprayed it flat black, and then I thought, i sshould clear coat it... And guess what, its not flat black anymore, lol....

Screamer, it's plastic... BUT, when I painted it, it looked like shit, all flat and foggy looking, but when I cleared it, wow, it looked great!

Jeff: cant wait to see what you're doin to it!

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Got the motor wired up... Got a few things done... Painted and cleared some more parts... Things are coming along... I did my coil packs, they turned out REALLY nice... I may not even use them, but, they look dead sexy...

2j3jp20.jpg

42mnnfp.jpg

2jdge50.jpg

Here is my HKS BOV... I know, I WAS going to sell it, but you MKIII owners are cheap and wouldnt gimme the $150 for it, so, I keep... :) And of course, I paint... Its gotta match you guys... ;)

4g88cb4.jpg

33dfgck.jpg

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Im getting one of those biodome bubbles and parking it in there, then I'll vacuum seal it, then put that in a crate, then put that in the back of a container box, then have it shipped to Fort Knox where it will sit until TX2K8... :):):)

Vader

May 25, 2006
South Park, PA
Hey Jake, glad to see you're making progress!! I have bad news, well, bad news for me. I had a local dealership do the oil seal on the crank, cuz I had just finished doing a new timing belt & spotlessly cleaning the inside of the intake/surge tank. And now, oil was leaking like a sieve out of that old crank seal. It was actually so bad that when I had it running you could see it just pouring out like honey right below my crank pulley. So, bottom line, I was weary that I had put in the new timing belt & replaced cam oil seals, but neglected to replace the one on the crank. So I had the dealership do it. Stupid mistake. Really stupid mistake! They did the work, I took it home, went out that night, & on my way home,(8 hours after picking it up from the dealer),I hear really loud knocking. Apparently it spun a bearing. I'm selling the car now, parts/whole. I know you're a moderator, so I was wondering if you could lead me in the right direction as to where to post it all. I haven't really done much posting other than on this thread. Oh yeah.....I tried to fight the dealership about it, but they claim the damage must've already been done before I had it towed to them in the first place. They said it had NO oil in it when they first went to put my car into the shop. Thats a lie, but I won't win in a my word against theirs court case. So I'm screwed.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
First, look what came today... I would like to thank Arz *Arizona Performance* for these GREAT pieces! The quality is incredible, and the price was spot on...
4hsq0km.jpg

43n9eso.jpg

Kyle, MG, thanks guys... I try... :D

Vader, Im really sorry about your car, damn... PM me about selling stuff ok man...

Toby, glad you got the joke... :)

Screamer, thanks man, they look better in person... And I saw the write up on SF... VERY nice idea...

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Don't let Jeff lie, he's going all stock on your red car, Reign!

I kid :D He's got enough going in there, that I'm thinking I may have to step it up another notch or two so I can claim fastest MKIII in G'ville :naughty: