REIGN's REBUILD! Its a beautiful thing... (THAT IS FOR SALE) =(

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
suprahero said:
Jake when we clear coated mine, it made it bling bling. It looked good before but after being cleared it was so bright you needed shades................lol
My only concern is that the paint I used for the engine bay might react with the clear coat... I used high temp ceramic paint to cover the engine bay, not knowing that I would eventually try this clear coat stuff... I dunno if anyone has tried to clear coat rattle can paint, but any tips would be appreciated... The guy said I should try roughing it up with 1000 grit paper, test a spot and see if it reacts: like orange peel or crackle... If it is gunna peel, that means I have to redo the whole engine bay, BOOOOO! That shit isnt easy... :( I hope it works out... If not, then I'll redo it, whatever... Im gunna have them mix up some paint for me, its sick, it's Viper Silver... WHOO HOO! I think thats what color Im gunna paint the car anyway... Viper Silver is just bright and beautiful...

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Yeah, I sprayed one of the plates that covers the hardlines on the firewall... Im gunna test that first... Nice thing about this clear coat is that it can take the heat, so Im gunna clear the parts of my motor that I painted... I gotta get a little spray gun...

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Ah, I posted pics... ;) I just havent clear coated it yet, Im waiting on a check owed me so i can go buy a spray gun... I'll get pics up soon as Im done...

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Buck, I got a nice rubber bouncey thing in the shape of a water bottle, hahahaha! It was sitting on the shelf, i just used it the day before, and I was prepping my parts for clear, and when I was done, I reached up and grabbed it, and it LOOKED liquid still, but when I leaned the bottle over, it remained solid, hahaha... So I dropped the bottle and it bounced like a rubber ball... It was funny really... I learned my lesson, I guess only mix what you are going to use immediately... ;)

Tanya: I tell no lies... :D

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
All right all right... Here ya go...
2uiavsm.jpg

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Reign_Maker said:
Buck, I got a nice rubber bouncey thing in the shape of a water bottle, hahahaha! It was sitting on the shelf, i just used it the day before, and I was prepping my parts for clear, and when I was done, I reached up and grabbed it, and it LOOKED liquid still, but when I leaned the bottle over, it remained solid, hahaha... So I dropped the bottle and it bounced like a rubber ball... It was funny really... I learned my lesson, I guess only mix what you are going to use immediately... ;)

Tanya: I tell no lies... :D

Did you just describe a dildo?

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
OneJoeZee said:
Did you just describe a dildo?
Dear Penthouse,

You'll never believe what happened at the shop today! I used to think that this sort of thing doesnt happen to guys like me, but it did! I made a dildo out of clear coat and a water bottle.

Signed,
Rubber Bottle Dildo Guy In Florida
boostadikt said:
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!! IS THAT........ is that a STRUT BAR?!!!!!
Let it REIGN!!!
Yep, it was that teal bluish green, so I used a wire wheel and removed all the paint, it wasnt easy in some tight corners... I thought, you know, with all the "red" parts I have, this strut bar will look stupid if its teal... So I painted it and then clear coated it, and it turned out nice! I ran out of clear, so Im going to clear it a little more, but, here are some pics, I'll include a before pic so you guys can see how much its changed... Im pretty pleased, considering Im NOT a painter, lol...
49jtkc7.jpg

2eumq0p.jpg

2vuk6th.jpg

4bh6a7t.jpg

4cc2reh.jpg

2zivqmc.jpg

4dyfvqe.jpg