REIGN's REBUILD! Its a beautiful thing... (THAT IS FOR SALE) =(

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Thanks man... Is just sucks workin with no heat, but Im tryin to get a bit done at a time while I wait for money and parts... Nothin sucks more than standin in front of a wire wheel in the cold, that thing is like a fan blowin on ya, lol... And the paint can says: paint in temp ranging from 60-94 degrees with less than 60% humidity... Im like, its 40 degrees out, is that ok to paint in? haha...

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Reign_Maker said:
Thanks man... Is just sucks workin with no heat, but Im tryin to get a bit done at a time while I wait for money and parts... Nothin sucks more than standin in front of a wire wheel in the cold, that thing is like a fan blowin on ya, lol... And the paint can says: paint in temp ranging from 60-94 degrees with less than 60% humidity... Im like, its 40 degrees out, is that ok to paint in? haha...

Well you could wait til it warms up................but then humidity will be at 100%. Maybe this paint is just not for you! hehe

Lookin great Jake, can't wait to see this car finished in person. Maybe when it's ready, you and Justin727 can meet halfway and check each others high HP rides out. Hmmm......halfway from Ft Walton to Gulfport, let's see........is Mobile

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
FT: Im coming to Mobile when the car is done... I wanna run through the wallace tunnel and pop off the BOV's... :D:D:D

Swaq: I feel ya on that... I hate the cold...

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Why is it cold? WUD I LOOKAH LIKE? AH? DAH WEDDUH MAN? GET OUTTA HEH!

hahaha

Its cold, thats all I know, lol...

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Engine bay looks awesome Jake. I also know what it's like to be waiting on checks to come in. It does feel good when you get them though, knowing you've already paid the help and this is yours, all yours.............:biglaugh:

Let me know when you guys have this alleged minimeet. I'll see if I can make it. If I'm still only making 371 hp then it may take me a week to get there though..............:biglaugh:

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
gixxer750 said:
we'll have a mini meet in the tunnel.... haha
ForcedTorque said:
That would be BAD ASS
We'd rip a hole in the tunnel! Definately would need vid of that run...:evil2:

Hero: yeah, it's a nice feelin knowin its coming, but I just hate waiting... And thanks, I think the engine bay will look all right... A LOT better than it did, thats for sure... Im just not a paint and body guy, so I hope it lasts... I cleaned it all down with degreaser, then I used a sponge sander *like the kind I use for drywall, hahaha* then I wiped it all down with brake cleaner, and then painted it... I think before I put everything back together in there Im gunna try and find some kind of hard clear coat, see if I can get some from and auto paint shop or something... I'll get more pics when I put things back in...

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Looks like we have the makings of something here. I will keep an eye on this thread (like I don't already) so I'll know when your car is ready. But I'm gonna quit cluttering your thread with it for now. I'll start a thread for it after you get running, and PM everyone who posted here about it. Maybe it will turn into something.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Nice Jake!, I think it would look nice with a wetsand and some clear. The cold is killing my progress now, it's been single digits with -25 wind chill.....YUK!

I have that same intercooler(-SM stencil) and I usually dont buy much of anything cheap, but I have to say for the price I was way impressed with the quality of that I/C.....is your's 12x24x4 too?

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
BIG THANKS WILLIAM!!! Im gunna put my Supra key on it! I'll have to post a pic for people to see... Will hooked me up with a kick ass key ring, it's a turbo, lol, and its nothing short of AWESOME! And Will, I'm cunna listen to those discs! Thank you very much for 1) thinkin of me when you saw it! and 2) takin the time to burn those discs for me! That's really cool of you man!

Justin! WHOO HOO! Got her drivin you to work now?! Thats so great man!

FT: Im lookin forward to gettin together with you guys over there! Will be good times for sure!

OK, today I got a hook up on auto paint... And I think I found my painter too... Awesome place! I picked up some clear coat with hardener, and when I get paif, Im buyin a little finish sprayer, and its on baby! Im clear coating my engine bay and all my "painted" pieces, and this stuff is suppose to harden like a rock and not chip, so whoo hoo!

Also, the guy in the shop next to him has an 88 project with a 350SBC in it! Pretty cool thing, I think, but he wants to sell it... I told him Id see if I can drum interest... He would like $3500 for the how thing, drivetrain and all... He has everything to complete the project, and thats included... ;) Hey, $3500 for a crate 350 with heads and cams and a monster 4bbl? Shit... Not bad!

2qwik: yeah, same demension... I love it! My buddy pressure tested it to 50psi, and it took it, easily...

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Jake when we clear coated mine, it made it bling bling. It looked good before but after being cleared it was so bright you needed shades................lol