Project Clean 87

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I have the kill switch installed, I just need to re-wire it to be track legal (it kills the ground right now). Look at the upper right hand corner of my rear liscense plate, you can barely see it in my sig. It's on my list of things to do. I'll do it at the same time I re-do the power cable that's running around my engine bay.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Just ordered the oil line kit from Driftmotion. I gotta pull off my turbo and unbolt my manifold so I can bolt it back up (the 3 small nut are very tricky to get on and tighten, gotta do it a special way due to tight clearances). Aaron at DM sent me instructions last night on how to do it.

Adam

Last edited:

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Bad news, I just discovered my manifold is missing the bracing it's suppossed to have, so I gotta send my manifold back to Driftmotion and he'll have the braces welded on and make sure everything else is good on it. Shit happens, especially when you're a very busy business. A+ to Driftmotion (Aaron specifically) for their awesome customer support and help.

Adam

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Ok ok ok! I'm going to make another stab at it myself, just gotta get past bolting on the manifold and I'll be good. 2 of the lower nuts are refusing to thread on, so I'm going to do a little modifying of the nuts to get them on. Wish me luck!

Side note, my ATE Superblue brake fluid arrived today. If I can find a local place that sells it I'll be very happy since this stuff is like $11 a quart and shipping was just as much.

trinisleeper

Jul 9, 2009
port of spain
Thanks dude.
Purchased a pre 89 2 wks ago, and just planning in an effort to budget the upgrades.
Parts kinda difficult to get in Trinidad and by extension, the Caribbean, but the light set is available from a friend so just wanted to know if to purchase or not.
good stuff + info here tho.
I will continue to monitor.