Project Clean 87

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Big thanks to pnutcar for his help on the phone and online last night for helping me figure out where things go. Major, major thanks to northwestsupra (Trevor) for coming up today and helping me assemble my oil line, install my wastegate, figure out what goes where on my boost solenoid, and getting me to the point where I know what goes where. We got the wastegate installed and half the vacuum lines installed for it (need my IC piping to install the rest), got the AEM boost solenoid figured out and relocated to the firewall, as well as assembling the oil return line and the AN adaptors. Also got my heater core lines installed.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
With the help of my roommate/landlord I got a ton done today. I removed the old ground cable that went to my shock tower and she drilled and tapped my spare tire hold down and installed a battery terminal and cable as a new ground. I installed my IC piping with my BOV, ran the vacuum line for the wastegate, re-wrapped the rear manifold runner (coated the wrap first and then wrapped the runner), shortened the vacuum line going to my fuel tank by about a foot and hid it partially, bolted in the loose ground terminal to the fire wall, wrapped the o2 sensor with 2000 degree heat shielding, drained and removed the hydrofan resevoir and the 2 rubber hoses attached to it, removed the upper thermostat housing piece and cut off the 2 nipples and then drilled them out, only to get the idea of just cutting out the section of pipe where it is and welding in a new piece (doing that tomorrow), and installed air filters on the valve cover and ISC valve intake and finally I cut off and capped the 2 connectors that were for the A/C system. Wow, that's a long list of shit I got done (big thanks to my landlord/roommate Deanna for all her help). Tomorrow is going to be another long day, but less stuff being accomplished.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I just dropped off the upper thermostat neck to be modified as well as the IC piping (straight piece going to the turbo) so it can be replicated in aluminum and the vacuum fitting installed. I also picked up some new hose and clamps for the hydrofan resevoir and some more brake cleaner to clean the resevoir as well as some more heat shielding. Trying to track down a V-band clamp and t-bolt clamp right now.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
You read the entire thread, again? Damn, that must have taken a couple hours. You must have a lot of free time, lol.

Well I just got back from ordering my t-bolt clamp for my air filter and ordering my v-band clamp from Cat (as in tractor trailers). Those parts will be here tomorrow, so I'll do other stuff in the mean time. The parts I dropped off earlier for fabrication will be done either today or tomorrow.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Well I cleaned the hydrofan reservoir and reinstalled that along with new worm gear clamps to replace the shitty Toyota ones that suck as well as wrapping the return line with heat shielding (the shielding I had is too tight of a fit to get the main line wrapped, I'll pick some up tomorrow), I put heat shielding over the vacuum line since it will be going under the turbo, I also removed a bracket I noticed on the fender next to the hydrofan reservoir as well as removing the 2.5 Twin Turbo badge from the grill and making up new intercooler brackets.

Ninja edit: I decided to take the angle grinder with 80 grit sand paper and sand the reservoir bracket for the hydrofan and then put 2 coats of clear laquer on it.

Last edited:

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Turns out Cat doesn't have the v-band clamp I need, so I'm overnighting one from Driftmotion. The machine shop doesn't have 1/16" aluminum 2.5" piping, so I had them weld in a boss on my stainless steel pipe and screwed in the vacuum fitting. The coolant neck looks good, but next month it will look much better when I have it polished. I also picked up my 4" T-bolt clamp for my air filter today as well. I installed the coolant neck and the hydrofan reservoir bracket.

Last edited: