Project Clean 87

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Well I put on another coat of the high-temp spray, let it dry, and then tried to install it. Slight problem. After texting Aaron at Driftmotion I found out I need 3 studs and nuts that are shorter. I'm ordering them in the morning. In the process I ended up taking off the heat wrap on off the manifold and now I need to re-wrap it :(

Adam

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Pulled off what's left of my crank dampener pulley, soldered and heat shrinked the temporary connections, mounted the ballasts, and tucked the wires under the lights today. I also did a bunch of work on the parts car.

I'll put up pics tomorrow, after I get some sleep.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Small update, I got my radiator back and discovered I need to get a piece of polished stainless steel for my IC piping that goes to my throttle body so I can weld on my BOV flange. I also got my studs and nuts from Driftmotion, so now I need to re-wrap my manifold and get stuff bolted on.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I re-wrapped my manifold, much better this time. Because of tight spaces I wrapped the inner 4 runners together in pairs. I also put on a coat of high temp silocone and will put on a 2nd coat monday and then bolt on the manifold then. I also still need to get a copper based gasket sealant too for the intake manifold. I also screwed in my 3 new stubby studs I got from Driftmotion:D

Side note, I had to drag the parts car out of the garage with the Camry and broke both rear axles in the process since the diff is missing, gouging the driveway in the process.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
6" bolts and spacers? ;)

I'd have thought you'd want it wrapped as close to the flange as you could seeing that's the hottest part?
(haven't done mine yet but thought I'd ask to see if you had a reason)

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I'm wrapping it as much as I can. I have to be able to get my nuts on the end of my studs. I need to bolt my turbo to my manifold and see how much clearance I need. If I have the space I'll do a little more wrapping.

SOD - I don't know what the hell ImageShack did, but I don't like it.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Mocked up my turbo and wastegate to my manifold and realized I needed to clock my turbo. Few minutes later that was done. Tomorrow I'm going to wrap the collector area directly under the turbo and spray that with the HT silicone spray and give the manifold a good 2nd coat. Once that's dry I'm bolting it on :D

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
well adam, that third one looks alot better then the first two man, but i think that you can still make it closer, but i guess youll just have to wait till you mount it to find out where you want it turned..

looking good so far..

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I decided it's time to change my diff oil. I pulled the plug last night to let it drain really well. I must say, that fluid stinks to high hell. I also just bought some ATE Superblue brake fluid and flush out the old crap out of my brake system.

Last edited: