Project Clean 87

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Not much. Bolt on turbo oil drain flange, the turbo itself, connect the oil lines, connect the DP, screw in the o2 and WB sensor, install IC pipe coming off the turbo, plug in the vacuum line to that pipe for the wastegate, install the belt tensioner and radiator, and get a mid-pipe and dump tube created (can't do that til the Supra is driveable). It may look like a long list but everything won't take long to do, maybe a couple hours tops. Because I don't believe my friend actually shipped my belt tensioner I ordered one last night, it'll be here in the next couple days.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I discovered today that the vacuum line coming off the PS pump was hanging loose and the port on the manifold which it goes to had a cap (done the last time it got tuned since we didn't notice the line), so I replaced that with a new and longer line since the old one was getting hard. I also got tired of looking at my ugly PS reservoir so I stripped the paint off and sanded it to a rough finish and put on a coat of Mothers Aluminum Polish to make it shine. It will be better polished next month by a friend of mine. And lastly I noticed excess bracket sticking out from my ignitor bracket so I trimmed that real quick, cut off about 2 inches of metal.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I couldn't stand not doing anything to the Supra today since USPS Express sucks and takes 2 days to get something here (they're slow), so I decided to take the hair drier to the intercooler brackets and heat them up to speed up the drying. It's ceramic brake paint (all I had laying around), so it takes 7 days to fully cure, so they've been hanging in my house drying since I sprayed them. Anyways, they're on and they look much better than what I was using before and they're much stronger too. These don't flex easy, unlike the old make shift brackets. They also match my couplers :D

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
My internet got cut off for the next week thanks to Verizon screwing up, so I have to use the library computer, which means no pics for the next week (even though I'm still taking them). Yesterday I removed the 2 small blue filters from my valve cover and ISC pipe that goes behind the valve covers and plugged them into a T fitting and then ran a tube to the intake pipe (and installed a fitting into that), so that mess is taken care of. I also got my dump tube welded on and installed, as well as plugging the rear oil hole in the block that is no longer needed. Lastly, I got my V-band clamp and oil flange for the turbo this morning, so those will be getting installed along with the turbo and down pipe and oil lines (actually hooking them up to the motor). I will also be installing the wideband and o2 sensor, intercooler pipe and vacuum line that goes into it, and the air filter and of course putting in fresh full synthetic oil. The only thing left will be to get my belt tensioner and install that along with the serpentine belt, radiator, and fan. Soooo damn close! Maybe I'll even fire the beast up today just to hear it roar for a minute :D

sirgeorgee

Mar 3, 2008
Hungary
Hi Honestabe

It is coming along nicely

You are also in the finish line like me :biglaugh:

Can't wait to see this sweatheart on the road:icon_bigg

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Bad news, my Koyo sustained more damage than I thought when my crank dampener exploded so my Koyo is trash. I will be picking up a new OEM radiator in a couple hours.

No, I haven't driven it yet. As soon as I get the radiator I will immediately install it and gently drive the Supra to the exhaust shop to have a mid pipe created. Once that's done, the only thing I will have left is to dyno tune it (trying to find a local shop that has an opening before next thursday).

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
My crank pulley dampener exploded back in May and did more damage than I thought. Oh well. I didn't get on the dyno yesterday, I'm having electrical issues. But right now I am saving up to go standalone (eyeing a used Haltech) and upgrade the injectors and fuel rail. Working on electrical problems today with Trevor.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Good news, the wiring issues got fixed yesterday. Big thanks to Trevor (Northwestsupra) for all his hard work and tackling of the wiring issues. We (mostly Trevor) fixed everything that was wrong, including my gauge faces (they glow again now), and he even showed me how to do the auto-up mod (took all of 5 seconds). The problem with most of the electrical stuff was a blown fuse that tested good with a fuse tester but not with a volt meter. We took the Supra for a test drive yesterday. I hit 9.5 PSI running really rich (10:1 AFR's), and discovered my BOV wasn't opening. I fixed that last night, it was stuck. I promise I'll put up pictures when I get my internet back (hopefully tomorrow). They've been building up, waiting to be posted.

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
its because im baller, i still so pissed, what happened was when i looked at the fuse, and did a ohm test for conductivity it was fine, but when i did a volt test after ripping half the dash apart lol we looked at all the manual to find out what they all had in common, 1 ground point and 1 fuse, regrounded the ground point, didnt fix, went to fuse this time checking it for voltage on both sides this time, 12v on one side, and shit for none on the other, pulled it out to find that it was still connected in the middle but barley. so let this be a lesson, when checking fuses do all 3 tests lol, dont skimp on them.

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1389761_1.jpg

p1389761_2.jpg

and dont forget bout the race :p 1st kill on the turbo WOO