Project Clean 87

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Thanks Trevor for posting up the pics and vid. In case ya'll wondering, the scream at the end of the vid was Cat in the back seat. I had a rubbing noise for the last 2 days and last night we (me and my landlord Deanna) figured out the problem, apparrently I forgot to tighten the bolt for the timing belt idler. I have a new bolt ordered, but will have to wait until the 5th to order a cover since they're $76 (unless I can find one used). I got bored last night so I decided to polish my upper water neck. It's not done yet, but it looks 100x better than it did when I started.

I've decided not to go standalone right now, I'll live with my NEO since the money can be better spent elsewhere.

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
damn dude going to have to have you help me polish up some parts lol, funny thing to i looked at your lower timing cover at the degree markings and i didnt even see anything weird. but now i ask myself how the fuck did i miss that

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Did some more sanding and grinding and put the neck back on. It looks a lot better than before, but it ain't perfect. Tomorrow my new timing belt idler shaft and lower timing belt will be here and installed. And now me and my landlord strongly believe me not tightening the timing belt idler shaft is what caused my crank dampener to explode.

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
:aigo::3d_frown::evil2:WTFO ADAM.. you distoryed your radiator now too.. damn your going through more parts then my three line companys have been out in the dessert.. WHAT THE HECK MAN!.. :evil2:

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Got my parts this morning. Discovered the lower timing cover is about 1/2" taller so I had to trim that. Also discovered that a clamp holding the hose to the hydrofan came loose and was leaking, luckily it was a quick and easy fix. The car runs much better now, and it's nice having new parts :D I also grabbed a silver sharpie and painted the lettering in my steering wheel since the original yellow paint came out a while back.

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
you can probably just go over the steering wheel with some brake clean to take off the over paint. if the coat is just 1 coat, then i'd just spray some on a rag and go over it a couple of times, have a clean steering wheel and fit the paint to lol or if that doesnt work i'd just use a razor blade edge, that shoudl take care of the excess