Project Clean 87

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
The Supra is put back together but won't start. It fires a little but won't fully fire. I'm going to get a new set of plugs to see if that will fix the issue. I'm pretty sure it's because of all the brake cleaner we sprayed in the cylinders and the fact that I increased my injector size by 70cc's. Anyways, here's a pic.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Well the spark plugs didn't get the motor to fire. I have either gas or brake cleaner in 3 of the cylinders, so I'm going to take my fiance's hair dryer to the 3 cylinders and see if I can't dry them out. We'll see if that works. If not I'm going to need to get a 1JZ ECU to borrow to see if my ECU somehow went bad.

Adam

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I had to gap the spark plugs to .026 to get the motor to start because at .028 it wouldn't. When I start it up the engine runs really rough and low (500 RPM's), then after a minute it will rev up to 3500-4000 RPM's. The throttle is for the most part unresponsive and when the motor hits the 3500 mark I will can give it a quick blip of WOT and the RPM's will come down to around 1300. The A/F is around 15:1 and it smells like something is burning (not gas) coming out of my exhaust pipe. My exhaust is blowing out either white or blue smoke and the engine runs like a boxer motor (really rough). I'm at a loss as far as what to do:1zhelp:

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Well I finally got back to the Supra tonight and put it all back together minus the spark plug valley cover and the hood. I test drove it (ricer style with no hood) and it liked to idle around 2000 RPM's and if I touched the gas a little the thottle would jump to 18% and would only reset if I gave a quick blip of WOT. I suspect this has to do with my NEO since it's done this before. YAY!!! Tuning coming soon.

Adam

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Just got back from ForceFed Performance in Langley, B.C. I put down 327 RWHP. Torque is unknown right now and I forgot to grab a copy of my dyno graph. I'll get that shortly. The drive home was very fun since it's a 2 lane windy twisty road for 40 miles :D

Adam

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
The throttle issue was a mechanical flaw caused by me that took 5 minutes to fix.

I picked up a pair of front fender wells and a headlight cover while in Portland, along with a new camber nut and bolt courtesy of Ken at Royal Moore since I damaged a couple threads on mine. I also picked up some acrylic so I can start making my new flushmounts and I realized how I can clean up my engine bay some and drop 20 pounds out of it at the same time and figured out how to finish my kill switch install (finally).

Adam

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Simple Moy, extend the wires that I have bolted into my power block where the battery used to be across the top of the motor between the valve covers and the cam gears and re-route/get rid of the excess 0 gauge power cable going all around my engine bay (and I do mean all around since it goes across the entire fire wall, across the drivers fender, and under the radiator support). Last I checked that 0 gauge cable weighs a pound or so per foot and I bet I'll chop off 10+ feet of it by doing this.

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
KYB-741067

KYB-765016

here's the part numbers again incase you lose them adam, give me a call/text tomorrow on what you can figure out ,Thanks.

ps, need 2 each.

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
Your car is/was being talked about at the ricer meet in Arlington. Some mexicans are planning on stealing it. The only reason I know is some one that know me said an old supra in sedro was gonna get ripped off and their are only two. Mine is in a locked garage and I have a few SKS's so I am not worried . Dont bother calling or Pming me I wont answer just a warning take it seriously or don't IDK