Project Clean 87

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Yes I did Tom, and I love the hell out of that stuff. IDK if you will be faster. I'm already somewhere over 310 RWHP and 303 RWTQ. I got my valve covers sanded today, but I'm going to do some more tonight and tomorrow to make them perfect. I used wet dry sand paper and wet sanded them with 400, 600 and 2000 grit sand paper. Here's where I stand right now.

Devoted2Supra

Mar 15, 2009
Easton, Pennsylvania
Dam this took me forever and a day to read through! But seriously nice work bro! This car was a project and a half and you had some bumps get in the way but keep on making it through.

I'm not too crazy about the flushmounts but it is the first time I've seen them done on a Supra. Looks good at night but not the in the day. But it's your ride and detailed to your liking. Sticking with this thread till this car is done which I'm glad to know won't be for quite awhile. Good shit bro!

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Going on Morgans advice I got some Mothers polish and made my valve covers look 10x better than they were without it. I also went to Home Depot and picked up 3 halogen construction lights for $5 each and zip tied one to the ceiling above the engine bay and put another on the side. I also have 1 floater if I need it. I couldn't stand the cold anymore so I also bought a 14,000 BTU propane heater that uses the 1 pound bottles. Enjoy the pics, more to come later.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Here's the 2nd half of yesterday's pics. Me and Kyle (Frankenstein) got a lot done. We are now at the point of taking measurements for clearances and bucket sizing and then figuring out how to rearrange the bucket shims. The foot long piece of red cable is the excess power cable I cut out. I also improved my engine bay lighting by moving the 2nd light to the ceiling on Kyle's idea.

Last edited:

sirgeorgee

Mar 3, 2008
Hungary
I had already went through this tread like 5 times because it inspires me so much...
Now I think it is time to shake your hand and send you a :biglaugh: for keeping this beautiful Supra in great shape ...
I love your headlight conversion-great job

I will keep my eye on this like I did the whole last year...

Keep up the good work ----you give a lot to this community-thanks a lot

Last edited:

Devoted2Supra

Mar 15, 2009
Easton, Pennsylvania
Great pics bro! Looking very clean under the hood the more you do! Wish I lived closer to some of you guys so I could come watch, help and learn hands on. Would really help me out when I do mine. But reading up and watching from the forums is all I have for now and so far it's been really good stuff.

Can't wait to see the next installment!:icon_razz

~Dave

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Well I got the bucket shims measured, the cams bolted down for clearance checking (I feel retarded since I'm not sure of how much resistance I should feel with the feeler guages), and my injectors fully installed and all the crap I had to take off to get to them re-installed. I also cleaned up my garage some and mounted my 3rd construction halogen light above my work bench so it's lit up (making for a pretty damn good garage for next to nothing). Tomorrow I am going to go through the engine bay and get rid of a few extra things, starting with the A/C hanger bolt that gets in the way of everything.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I got as far as I could today without help getting the clearance specs. I got my A/C bolt cut off, a few wires cut and capped both under the intake manifold and the front passenger wheel well. I also got the throttle cable mounted and removed teh A/C sticker on the radiator support.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Well I've failed. I forgot the most basic rule when working on a car, always double check to see that you got the right part. I got the 2J cam oil seal and not the 1J cam oil seal, now I feel like a dumbass. Everything is all cleaned up and shiney, just waiting on my new seals from Royal Moore.

Last edited:

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I made some progress today but not much. I put a bunch of stuff on and then had to take it back off. Now I am trying to figure out how to get the cam gear rear shield on. Oh well, that will happen tomorrow. Big thanks to Randy at BIC for the helpful call.

Adam