Ok, I guess its my turn

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
polobai said:
no luck on the wastegate issue above?

I also have a profec-B with a tial 38mm. When it stops raining, if ever. I'll go outside and double check for you to make sure you don't have them reversed. Did you double check the dip switches settings in the back of the unit as well?

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
hey, you may be correct-I had the unit working with the 57 trim ct 26 before (internal wastegate)-I wonder if the dip switches have to be different for an external setup....if you or anyone can get me a diagram of how the dip swithes and vacume hoses are setup on their car, I would really appreciate it.

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
I just checked my set-up for you. The Profec B actuator IN line is the one connected to my Tial "Side" port and also Teed to the compresor housing. The OUT goes to the top of the wastegate. If you have it set-up this way, then most likely the dip switch settings, if you are now running an external wastegate, I'm pretty sure the settings are different. Mine works wonderfully. Hope that helps. By the way, I have the older type Profec-B, the one with the turn dials, if you dont have your manual anymore, I can tell you what my dip switch settings are.
Lastly, keep up the good work.

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
Here's my setting. Thats for external wastegate, there's also a second external setting when overboost occurs.

I also found this online:

http://www.silviansw.com/manuals/ProfecB.pdf

p774825_1.jpg

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
man, thanks alot-you are the man! I also have the profec b spec 1-I am going to check on the settings and how I have the wastegate setup and let you know-thanks so much!

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
you were right-my dip switches were set for an internal wastegate-switched them up and it works great! Thanks for the assistance!

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
WOW-sorry about not adding anything to my build thread in a while, but it is crazy moving and getting settled in! The car is done for the most part, needs a few things taken care of-but it runs! The car needs to be tuned, wetsanded and buffed, and little kinks worked out in the engine (sometimes get a code 52, need to hook up AF tracking on the MAFT-pro, slight boost leak at the throttlebody, etc.) Here are some pics of it sleeping in the new garage of the new house next to one of my other cars:

Attachments

• misc pics 055.jpg
    misc pics 055.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 63

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
Engine bay as it sits-a good piece of advice that I learned the hard way: do a boost leak test!! I thought I was all set because I used t bolt clamps along with good couplers and even a Nissan OEM q45 throttle body gasket-and I could not figure out why my AF's were in the 9.6's. I did the boost leak test and found 3 major leaks-2 at the couplers by the blow off valves due to the t-bolts not forming to the pipe properly, and the other major one at the throttle body gasket! I removed the gasket and applied some silicone, but it still slightly leaks-anyone have a good fix for that?

Attachments

• misc pics 060.jpg
    misc pics 060.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 70

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
Another head on shot of the engine bay-needs to be cleaned I know......:nono:

Attachments

• misc pics 059.jpg
    misc pics 059.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 63

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Wow, you're car turned out amazing! :aigo:

What rims are those?

The TB looks like it wasn't flanged right with the FFIM, make sure bother mating surfaces are flat, I bet that's the reason why you're leaking right there ;).

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
Now onto pics of the house-only the garage area though for now. My girlfriend was gone for the past week due to SEMA in Vegas, so the inside needs a good cleaning due to me having a bachelor pad for a week-pics of the inside next week after its cleaned!

Attachments

• misc pics 054.jpg
    misc pics 054.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 64

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
Thanks, the rims are Volk GT-7's that I had powdercoated black and the lips in anodized blue (they were originally gunmetal and polished lips). I am thinking the mating surfaces are not flat on the manifold also-but I definatly dont want to take the mani off to have it fixed-i was thinking of using two gaskets.....(dont stone me!)

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
The garage when I first moved in and was putting in the garage opener and coating the garage floor:

Attachments

• misc pics 013.jpg
    misc pics 013.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 40

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
Finished product after a rustoleum epoxy garage floor kit and Sherwin Williams clearcoat(which is the greatest thing I have done-wipes up chemicals and oils with no mess at all!):

Attachments

• misc pics 057.jpg
    misc pics 057.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 69

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
The bad part is the when the tires are hott-it picks up the coatings (I prepped the surface correctly and everything-even waited 7 days before driving on it!) I think I am going to put some strips of diamondplate where the tires rest to solve that problem. The other problem is that the floor is slippery-you can bust your butt really easy on it if your not careful!

Attachments

• misc pics 056.jpg
    misc pics 056.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 29