Ok, I guess its my turn

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Rajunz said:
Plate should read:

RNJUICE

or

RNGUICE

and then put a sunkist label on that bottle! :)

Not bad :naughty: I was thinking Kistthis as in kiss my ass type of thing. But I like the sunkist idea on the bottle!! :biglaugh:

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
Lol-thanks for the suggestions guys. The plate reads "GETBLWN" right now-I will think about putting a name to the entire car once completed (although I do like the suggestions). The camera is mainly for when I back up because I removed the rear view mirror, and the tint is wayyyy dark on the back window. Since the camera is infared, it should work out well at night. I will probably have it on with the ignition most times to put the TV to use.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
polobai said:
Lol-thanks for the suggestions guys. The plate reads "GETBLWN" right now-I will think about putting a name to the entire car once completed (although I do like the suggestions). The camera is mainly for when I back up because I removed the rear view mirror, and the tint is wayyyy dark on the back window. Since the camera is infared, it should work out well at night. I will probably have it on with the ignition most times to put the TV to use.

Cool idea. I saw an MKIV do this a few years back. :naughty:

Duane

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
Updates! I installed the TV in the center console, had the shift and e brake boot stiched up and installed those also, as well as mocked up the radio:

Last edited:

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
Another shot-the 2 slots above the radio are for the hks type 1 turbo timer and the greddy profec b boost controller.

Last edited:

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
Thanks alot-I havent hooked up the unit yet, but it should work well. I like that it has a 5v preout for the sub, should sound pretty good. Thanks for all the compliments!

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
polobai said:
Thanks alot-I havent hooked up the unit yet, but it should work well. I like that it has a 5v preout for the sub, should sound pretty good. Thanks for all the compliments!

Yep, yours is in the same series as mine, the 5000 series. I've got the 5V preout also and let me tell you, it makes an amp pushing subs feel like it's twice as powerful. :evil:

I've got two Alphasonic 800 series 10's in a vented box (big em' effer) and they have gotten so loud that my ears have blead off of them, with just a 1200 watt amp only turned 3/4's the way up!

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
Thanks, I'm not too much into the loud bass anymore-more for the clean sound. I used to have 2 kicker solobaric 12 inch l7's with an MTX 8100D amp for EACH, but that was ridiculous loud (the hatch looked like it was going to pop off). My current setup is 2 MTX 8000 series 12's with two Kenwood 6402 amps(one for each sub) in a fiberglass box. This setup is not nearly as loud, but tons more clean.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Don't worry about the clean sound, the Eclipse 5000 series delivers ;). I love the sound of the bass it puts out also, very unique sounding from any other head unit I've heard. I think it sounds best with the bass down to -6 and the treble up to +6 and non-fader turned up to about 8 out of 16 (bass for the subs only, you don't need bass in the regular speakers IMO.

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
The double din should fit well, as long as the center console is not cut up to fit a single din with the cage. I would recommend using an unmolested console and a bracket kit so that the radio fits behind the console. You should look into the kenwood navi units with the dvd player built in-nice units for the money (~$700 on ebay?)

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
Here you can see the units turned on and how I mounted the maft-pro unit.

Attachments

• supra build 06 328.jpg
    supra build 06 328.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 35