Ok, I guess its my turn

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
pic with O2 sensors installed-first is for narrowband, the later offset one is for the wideband.

Last edited:

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
Pic of exhaust clearance-i hope its not too low once on the ground because at my new house, the driveway is sloped and the car may not get into the garage! This downpipe sits about .5-.75 inches higher than my previous one though.*crosses fingers*

Last edited:

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
What material did you use for your DP? Is it stainless and mild? Its hard to tell in the pic because its so small...

Lee_MA61

Leon Wilson III
Jan 31, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Very nice! How much did all that braided line and fittings cost you? Or did you buy a kit or something?

Looks really clean, can't wait to start mine.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
SuprA70 said:
Simply amazing :aigo:

The rest of us can only continue to keep dreaming. Great job.

Double ditto on that! :boink: ::salute:: Absolutely f...in' incredible! I love what you did with the N/A cam covers, and the galley cover.:yumyum: :squirt-mo :bigthumb:

Last edited:

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
thanks-the exhaust is stainless on the elbow, and mild on the rest of the pipes-welded up fine with no major issues. I *almost* got it to start today-kinda wierd, getting good spark, and all of a sudden i see fuel pressure on the gauge! Its sputtering, sputtering, trying to start-and then no more fuel pressure. I loosened one of the fuel lines and it was getting fuel to the rail, but then after that-no more fuel getting to the rail. I jumped FP and B+ on the diag block, but no fuel came out. I cannot hear the pump come on either with the ignition on. I am pretty sure its the wiring for the pump-I'm gonna try to wire it directly to a ignition source and see if I have any luck.

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
The braided line was not that bad-probably 2-300 for all the lines and fittings. I purchased them from summit, and it was my first time assembling them. I don't think they will leak-but I have yet to tell as the car has not started as of yet. If I had to do it over, i would probably use Aeroquip's starlight hoses and fittings-a little easier to assemble, and not too much more in cost.

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
Good news-i got the car started today! I rewired the pump to a ignition source(still have to put a relay for it), and the car was attempting to start, but would backfire frequently like the timing or firing order was incorrect. It turns out that I had 2 wires swapped that go to the coil pack and tie into the ignitor. Thanks goodness for the TEWD-it was a little confusing, but it had exactly what wires were supposed to go where and got me all set. Now I gotta work out the kinks (still cant figure out TPS problem) and make sure it starts reliably and it should be finished up soon-i hope.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
some thing bug's me about this setuo it's that center cover it just can not be the same clour i has to eather be purple or clour of enigne bay and the line have to be filled in as well as wrighting

but that si just me looks sharp nagrad less

2jzmk3

did you get that problem figured out yet? hope to see it out at the meet.

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
Sean got the problem figured out, but the car wont be at the meet. Car starts, and surges(normal once ecu first gets power). Once started again, and i go to hit the gas-the car starts surging once more. I think its becuase of my tps problem I have (i am hoping at least)-so the car is not driveable until that problem is fixed. I hope to have the problems sorted out soon (within the next 2-3 weeks) and have the car good to go. I will definatly try to be at the meet, even if just for a few. As far as the suspension goes, the car has tockico illumina II's (electronic adjustable) with H&R springs.

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
ok update-decided to start up the car once more and see what codes I get. I got a code 11-momentary interruption of power to the ecu. I was wondering if it would be ok to run a 12 volt constant power wire to the correct pin on the ecu? This would explain why the car keeps surging all the time-the ecu does not hold the settings in memory once the car is turned off. Any ideas?

Emik87t

GameOver
May 30, 2007
Iowa
Polobai,
I LOVE you car man. Orange is my all-time favorite color and if i ever have to paint my mk3, it's definitely going to be orange. Nice build man.

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
Thanks alot-I think for the code 11 it is more than likely the grounds-but the ground wires under the intake manifold are good and tight(sanded paint off contact area also). I will try running a temporary ground next to the ecu to see if that solves it.

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
I decided to not let the little bugs hinder me from finishing the rest of the car. I finally have the engine all put together now-this is how it will look for the most part.

Last edited: