Ok, I guess its my turn

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Awesome setup. Looks like you put a little research into her. Nice and clean, especially enjoy the way you hid everything and took off all (sort of) unnecessary components. :)

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
More updates! The engine is together for the most part. There are a few odds and ends to do (basically some wiring for TPS, and O2 sensors, etc.)

Last edited:

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
I made up the turbo brace off the factory turbo brace-fit well, just had to make some bends.

Last edited:

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
Thanks for the comments. Here is a shot of the front of the bay with the radiator pipe installed with t bolt clamps.

Last edited:

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
Now the question is-will i finish in time for the supra meet in Orlando on July 1st? My guess is: If the motor starts up with no major issues by this weekend, then yes. If the motor does not-then not. I am hoping I have no major issues-but I have to wait and see........

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
Ok, the time has come-and unfortunatly it looks like the motor wont start. :(
It seems like the fuel pump will not turn on, and there is no spark. Very frustrated at this point, but I will keep on. I know I can just rewire the fuel pump to turn on with the ignition-but for the spark issue I am a little lost. I dont know why this happened, as I made sure that any wires I extended and moved around were done correctly. I assume it could be the age of the harness may have caused some wires to break inside the insulation once moving the harness around but I am hoping not. I am hoping I just looked something over, but I cant be sure. If anyone can tell me which pin on connector that goes to the coil pack has power with the ignition on would give me a start. I would also like to know which pin on the cps harness has power with the ignition on (if any) also. Thanks for any help.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
The part about that write up that confused me was what pins to use on the TPS... I just hope I have it wired correctly... Maybe you have them reversed? I dunno... Can you post a pic of your wiring?

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
Yea- the writeup was cool for me once i read it a couple times. Its kinda hard to get a pic of the wiring, but I will try to do so when I get a chance. Good news though guys, I have spark! Its a weak spark, but its still a spark! I think its weak because the battery is low, but I hope it works when I do the fuel pump rewire!

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
Pic of the downpipe I made. It was pretty straightforward, but the only part I dont like is that the 90 degree elbow coming off the turbo is only 3inches(because of limited clearance), and then it opens up to 3.5 inches (after the heat wrap in the pic)

Last edited:

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
basically, i bought the 90 from APTturbo.com, along with the O2 bungs. Then i got 2 45 degree 3.5 inch bends, and a 2 foot section of 3.5 inch pipe to mate it to the rest of my exhaust.

Last edited: