Ok, I guess its my turn

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
The other project I tackled today-mounting the oil filter relocation bracket where the ABS used to be.

Last edited:

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
close up of the fastners used-all stainless steel mounted from inside the fenderwell-it gave me a VERY hard time to mount the bolts back there-no room at all-small hands do help here. I wanted to make it where I can remove the mount by removing the 3 bolts, this way I can remove the filter without messing up the bay so much.

Last edited:

2jzmk3

supradan22 said:
Hey Sean you car has a front bumper on it now right I think I saw it at Benny's dad's shop with the orange 240.

So is your car gona be a 6 speed MKIII?

yep, he did all my body work, ben and his dad are good people and do awesome work, and yes its a 6spd now and i have a greddy front bumper. my thread is on SF... so we dont hijack rays thread.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=386621

ray my friend, its starting to look like a car again.. i would reccomend against putting the oil filter there. the motor is already known for not having enough oil pressure, and now you will have it traveling up. i would mount it at or lower than the motor so you dont have oil pressure problems at higher
rpms. put it this way with my old 2jz with the oil filer reloctes 15in from the motor i had 55psi at idle. with all that removed and the oil filter just on the block it jumped to 70psi at idle. thats huge..

looking good though.. just a little constructive criticism.

Last edited by a moderator:

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
thats whats i need-thanks alot. Now the problem is the 3 big holes in my fenderwell.......dunno what I am going to do-but thanks for the heads up!

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
thanks for the compliments-not too many shiney stuff actually, just the turbo and throttlebody. The rest is powdercoated(if you dont count the lines, bolts, and catch can).

Mosupra9

Jun 6, 2006
Tucson
AMAZING CAR......tooo nice man.....u shoud sell me this oone hahah....if i had 20k to spare id give it to u and get this car from u..

2jzmk3

no its not for sale.. his daily was for sale, but i think he sold it already..

Ray hope you can make it to the Supra meet....

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
Supra meet? I wanna go-but I wanna take my car! Dates, more info? I will look in the florida forum and see if I can find out. I am going to try to make it to HIN orlando with the car-anyone wanna enter with me? cough*Sean, cough, cough*

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
Updates! The oiling system is almost done! 3 words when putting together Stainless steel lines-patience, patience, and lubrication. Ok that sounded kinda wierd, but its true-dont try to put them together without lubrication(i used silicone spray). This makes the job 10x easier.

Last edited:

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
Pic of the block adaptor-the threads on the n/a bung are 3/4x16 if anyone was wondering.

Last edited: