OHIO thread

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
LOL Greek, that's funny. I think deep down they really idolize your car :p

BTW, Zack I think I may pass on the wheels for now. I really need the money to finish my build properly, then worry about wheels later.

jonahs_supra

May 17, 2011
Lancaster, Ohio, United States
Hey 7m owners
I was going through my 7m parts and found my old hks vpc plug and play harness for the ecu
All wires are in good condition
Some will need reattached
It's for yellow plug ecu/harness

Don't cut your factory harness up
Buy this and modify to your liking

Pm me if interested

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
I'm half tempted to put a paper on my car that says "Suck my ass" for whoever put it there. The faggot didn't even let me know who they are.

Mk3*Supra

Jun 14, 2010
Ohio
wornoutsupra;1798916 said:
Ok so I need to get a idea of what size tires I should run on my new rim set up, the rims are going to be 18x9.5 +12 all around. Right now I thinking about 225/40R18 all around, but does anyone have a little better idea on the size i should run?

If you want them stretched then do 225..

I'd look more in the 255 range

Mk3*Supra

Jun 14, 2010
Ohio
why do you want them stretched? defeats the purpose of a good tire IMO and looks like you can't afford the proper tire.. not to mention you'll need to get a cheaper tire that doesnt have a stiff sidewall so it'll actually work.. we have potenza reo1r's and they didnt want to go on the proper size wheel because the sidewall is so stiff. AND for anyone who says stretching 'makes the sidewall stiffer' they can quit being cheap and buy a GOOD tire and they won't have that problem :D

a 225 should be on a 8.5 max

a 235 should be on a max 9.. if you are super stuck on 'stretching' then I'd at min. do a 235

not to mention it really isn't safe.. that is stress on the tire that should not be there. First pothole you cant miss your new wheels will probably be screwed as well.

Mk3*Supra

Jun 14, 2010
Ohio
thats not because racecar

thats because trendwhore

:D (I couldnt think of a good term and chris came to the rescue with trend whore)

speaking of trend whores.. there is a guy with an accord at work.. has like ~14in blue rotas with bright color lug nuts, lowered as much as possible.. stickers on his front lip, stickers on his roof rack, and I think I'm missing a trend or two he has on his car :D

**the nice thing about calling worn out a trend whore is I know he won't get all butt hurt and pissy like so many other trend whores would

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
WTF, FUCK THAT ASSHOLES! Ha na not really, if I was a trend whore though I would be rocking a 240 like everyone else in the world. I am just going for a nice clean show piece something that me and the wife can just cruise in and cause some ruckus in if we want. As for the tires I might be doing 225/40 front and 235/40 rea. It all depends on how much room is left when I test fit the rims on the car.

Also your going to have to do a lot better on the name calling to get to me lol, I have been called a lot worse while I was in the marines, so yeah trend whore I just brush off my shoulders ha.

Last edited:

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
Getting ready for MEPS again, proceed to put tool box and jack into trunk with torque wrench.

I blew a tire out on the highway last time, now I'm prepared. All this for a flight physical, which should only take like 30 minutes tops. Le sigh.

anddddd installing the hks and prepping to install cams tomorrow. :)
hks mocked up
p1799411_1.jpg

new vs old....
p1799411_2.jpg

another side by side
p1799411_3.jpg

pullin it apart to swap out the cams
p1799411_4.jpg

Mk3*Supra

Jun 14, 2010
Ohio
wornoutsupra;1799213 said:
Also your going to have to do a lot better on the name calling to get to me lol, I have been called a lot worse while I was in the marines, so yeah trend whore I just brush off my shoulders ha.

sooo dead baby?