My restoration project - Rusty 89

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Supraholics said:
adam, are these current pics??? I really thought you were ahead of me assembly-wise. In these pics, it looks like you got a long way to go. Sucks you're not going to be working on this for a while...

those are the latest pics...yes, I have a long way to go. Exterior stuff is easy though, so it is a bit deceiving. I can have the tails, bumper, balance of trim, and the entire rear of the car put together in an evening. I will be doing some work here and there over the winter, I am just currently waiting for some hardware (f+r bumper and a pile of new M6X1 bolts) to come in before i can get back to work.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
I've finally started to make some progress as of late. I've done some boring things including re-assembling the sport roof, installing the rear bumper, and polishing my tail lights. I think I have most of the parts I need from Toyota so once it warms up a little (it has been sub -25 for the last week straight) I'll be able to finish up the majority of the exterior (with the exception of the front bumper) and some of the rear interior. Just got a few things fresh from the machine shop - can anybody tell me what they are (they still need to have a hole drilled and tapped into each one...)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

the t3d

P B4 A
Sep 30, 2006
Titusville, FL
lol door knobs

you're progress is amazing man. great job. i wouldn't mind doing this to mine if i had the money and my own place to work on it

keep it up!

-t3d

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
sorry...i should have thrown in something to indicate the scale. They are the mounting hardware for the mk4 rear brakes.

It is nice having access to a machine shop with guys who do good work (and work for beer:))

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
adampecush;815108 said:
Exterior stuff is easy though, so it is a bit deceiving. I can have the tails, bumper, balance of trim, and the entire rear of the car put together in an evening.

True. It took me a little longer than that, just because I was being extra careful, but yes you're right, exterior stuff is much easier...

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
Adam, there are just too many threads to keep up with:3d_frown: That said I just found yours and it is one of my favorites. Way to save a supra! I know your a inspiration to many of us out there. Can't wait for spring and to see this project finished.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
a couple more pics.

here's the car as it currently sits - rear trim will be going on shortly.
p907493_1.jpg

An hour and a tube of eastwood metal polish got me this:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

and this (for 250k km and almost 20 years in the sun, these look amazing)
p907493_2.jpg

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
adampecush;907493 said:
a couple more pics.

here's the car as it currently sits - rear trim will be going on shortly.
p907496_1.jpg

An hour and a tube of eastwood metal polish got me this:
p907496_2.jpg

and this (for 250k km and almost 20 years in the sun, these look amazing)
p907496_3.jpg

I use wax on the windshield/lights helps soo much when raining btw.

what'd you use on the black trim?

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Your garage looks so neat and organized. Mine is a total disaster.

Glad to see some updates, I was fearful it would be another couple of months before we did. The taillights look great! Can't wait to see them on the car again.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
I used it on both. It is even recommended by eastwood to use it on plastic despite the fact that it is metal polish. I was really surprised at how well the black trim came out considering what it looked like before.

That isn't my garage either...It is at my grandparents where we're storing the car. My parents garage looks like a warzone when we're working on the car...

(the car doesn't make it to my garage)

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
TaSe;908149 said:
amazing polish job, now i'll do the same! :)

What he said. :love:

I have to take my tail lights back out anyways. The new tail light gaskets still didn't sit completly. I have to see why. The old ones were perfect. Maybe is just me...

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
WOW man the car came out great!! well for what you've done so far lol

I just subscribed to this thread.

keep up the good work and maybe one day I could do a restoration project like this.