My restoration project - Rusty 89

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Poodles said:
POR-15 is nuts, paint an exhaust pipe with it and beat the crap out of it and it won't come off...

that really surprised me when I painted some mounting brackets that I had to bend to shape - I expected cracking and flaking, but there weren't even stress lines in the paint.

JustinGotA1j

Jan 28, 2007
Chilliwack
Wow I dont know how I never saw this thread before so I just finished reading the entire thing. Car looks amazing so far. Keep up the good work.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Supraholics said:
Looks like your doing INSANE timing!!!!! Car should be done in no time...

yeah...not so much. I have some engine stuff to do next (expand the oil pan, changing seals, refurbing/coating parts, etc.

I am having the majority of the body assembled next week though...

sweetlikechutny

Jul 3, 2005
Ontario
wow I didn't know the group A pan was different. I'm surprised not too many supra guys expand the oil pan. Please take some pics :D. Are u fabbing it out of the current oilpan?

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
A couple pictures before she gets put away for the winter.
p811958_1.jpg

p811958_2.jpg

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
What do you mean before it get put away for the winter??? Are you saying that we are going to have to wait till spring for any updates?? I don't know if I can wait that long. I was excited to see this thread updated today. Damn Canadian winters!!!

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Poodles said:
they always look so sad without tail lights...

well, it has been over a year since i had seen the car with a single body panel on it, so it was pretty sweet to see the doors, hatch, and fenders on.

And gtsfirefighter - no heated garage = no working for me. The aim this winter is to re-finish all of the parts I can (exterior window trim, engine components, etc) which I can do in my spare time at work.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
adam, are these current pics??? I really thought you were ahead of me assembly-wise. In these pics, it looks like you got a long way to go. Sucks you're not going to be working on this for a while...

xxxotiknightz

Boomer
May 23, 2006
NORCAL
www.cardomain.com
Supraholics said:
adam, are these current pics??? I really thought you were ahead of me assembly-wise. In these pics, it looks like you got a long way to go. Sucks you're not going to be working on this for a while...

What are you doing here, you should be out working on yours.