Moe's - Teal '92 - Cleanup/possible build

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
tsuper92;1008818 said:
you 1j with 2j harness,me 2j with 1j harness:)

Thanks guys - Kyle - I had my nephew pick up that black 1992 one :) . Its turbo black on black.

Keith, Only reason I went with the 2JZ harness/ecu is because I heard the 2JZ ecu is better equipped for tuning / timing maps. I also had that full greddy Emanage with an Aristo setup so I might as well use it. I am hoping to crank the car this Saturday. Few things left :
Clutch and brake pedals,
Bleed clutch
Radiator
Downpipe,hydro fan,
IC and piping ( may do this later after car starts,)
Fill engine oil and Tranny oil

I think I can handle 90% of these tomorrow :)

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Okay so it took longer than a few days to get most of the stuff hooked up.
Saturday - Finished bundling the wires and hooking up the clutch lines, filling the tranny with MT90 ( redline) , putting the shifter on temporarily, bleeding the clutch and fixing as many hoses as possible.

Sunday - Took an early morning 4 hour roundtrip to pick up a r154 from a forum member here. This is for the black car. Thanks John.

Tried to do some work afterwards but couldn't finish everything.Friends stopped by and that was it .. lol

Monday - today - after work I finished the hoses, ran the alternator wires, installed the power steering hoses/cooler and reservoir ( custom deal here ).
Hung out with my kid for a little while then back to the Supdawg.

I was about to call it quits for the day when Krish (91MK3 ) called and got me all excited about at least cranking the motor. So its 8:45pm and we are hustling to fill the coolant and engine oil lol.
Anyways, after so much anticipation, I hooked up the ecu, then the battery and guess what...no sparks or smoke or foul smell...yeah...that's good .
Then I go in and give it a crank...engine turns for a few seconds, then I put in the efi fuse.
Try cranking again...and vrrrooooommmmmm...it fires up. let it sit for a few seconds, then shut it off.
Nothing burninng, nothing smelling........and it seems good so far.....

Tomorrow.....the saga continues... :)

Last edited:

87soup

F*CK SMOG CHECKS!!!
Jan 23, 2006
Sacramento
Teal One-J FTW...

PS: I always thought when you guy's said FTW it meant F*CK THE WORLD...
HaHaHaHa...
For The Win:naughty:

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
lilazni3uoy;1012653 said:
dam moe looks like you got a bit of stuff done!, you can help me extend my 2jz harness ! ! haha!

Haha...yeah man,
I have the pins all labelled and documented. :) you can do the soldering yourself hahaha,
Honestly speaking, I wasn't sure about two things, the fuel pump and the Starter , but it works fine.
Hopefully tomorrow I will put on the exhasut, plug all the vacum holes and fire it up again and let it sit for a few minutes in the day light. Defintiely stoked.:biglaugh:

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
so nice to hear it run huh.you happen to have a wideband?i'm just curious what the air/fuel will look like on the 2j ecu.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
tsuper92;1012772 said:
so nice to hear it run huh.you happen to have a wideband?i'm just curious what the air/fuel will look like on the 2j ecu.

I don't have a wideband hooked up yet, but I do have one which I will install once everything is buttoned up . I will definitley post the AFR before any tuning.
Man it was like music to my ears. I just wanted to know whether the fuel pump was working and the starter would click since that is what I had doubts about when I did the wiring. Fuel pump is pretty much independant for the Harness so that worked good as the engine actually ran. Starter had no issues either. It helped having the complete 1992 EWD at hand and I thank ChrisO for hooking me up with it a while back.

And I left the O2 sensor unhooked to see if the CEL was working and it is. It came on :)

Today I will put on the exhaust and then run my car for a longer duration. This way I won't be bothering my neighbors. Hope I can get a video today :)

Last edited:

Nocheez

Probably posts too much
Apr 17, 2005
Charlotte, NC
That car was my car's twin! Do you mind posting the last 6 digits of the VIN? And if you have the sticker in the driver's side door frame that shows the month/year of production?

Thanks!

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Okay I installed the exaust and plumbed the hydrofan.
Started the car up with more daylight this time. It fired right up and no check engine light. Happy to say there is no wiring issues so the harness can come off for re-wrapping.
Here is a small video I took. Its idling high due to all open cacum ports on the intake and the ISC valve. Should be okay once everything is hooked up completely.

Also loved the way the engine revs. Smooth and feels powerful. Should be fun :)

Here goes the video :

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
suprastanger507mgte;1013787 said:
Yeap....too much air...should quieten dow the pump after driving around..

Only thing that helped it for me was jacking up the front, then turning the wheel full lock to the left, then right. Shuting off the motor. (If you've over filled like i have it'll just erupt and flow everywhere) Then lowering the car full lock left, then right.

Repeat. I need to repeat a few times. :3d_frown:

But i hope you don't have to do this bs. haha

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Zumtizzle;1013800 said:
Only thing that helped it for me was jacking up the front, then turning the wheel full lock to the left, then right. Shuting off the motor. (If you've over filled like i have it'll just erupt and flow everywhere) Then lowering the car full lock left, then right.

Repeat. I need to repeat a few times. :3d_frown:

But i hope you don't have to do this bs. haha

Yeah I've gone through this before. It goes away after driving for a little while. I have not even turned the sterring wheel....yet.. lol

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
So Moe, When was the last Fox Body you owned? From my lurking days i just remember you having the black 7M, that i haven't seen in a while (I guess he stoped going to ARC). ;)