Moe's - Teal '92 - Cleanup/possible build

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
suprastanger507mgte;1024109 said:
lol. .... I think so too .. lol
You guys still coming over this weekend to the Bay?? Where ois the meet at : )

Your House. I'm hitching a ride on JAV's car with my skate board. Marty McFly style.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Well, car runs great except for a coolant leak from the hard pipe - yes it had to be behind the turbos... aaarrrgh.
I fixed that and it was just re-aligning the clamps, which was easy and not anything drastic.

Wired in the ABS and the Reverse lights and both function properly.

Anyways, did a few runs on the street and thought I'd post it up...

Only missing the Water Temperature Sender for the gauge. Need to get one from the dealer as the 1JZ one has larger threads. :( and plugs are different.

Also will be paying the registrationand transfering to my name this week so I can start driving it around :)

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
bluemkiii;1026038 said:
Nice! Glad to see your car running good!

Thanks man!

Got the car registerd and transferred and sticker put on. Its running real good .
Just need to put on the bumper, change to better IC couplers and get a H20temp sendor from the dealer so I can have the temp gauge working.
Also needs to wire in the Hydrofan ecu to have the fan spin at full speed....hopefully this week, I will be able to accomplish all these...:biglaugh:

Driving the car is a blast. Boost from the stock twins comes on so fast on the 1.5 - I love it.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Car is now running more frequently on the road and almsot ready for a nice road trip :)

Tach -
Now working ( It sems the Aristo Tach signal comes off a plug - II - 29 which I did not have) I pulled the Tach signal from the check connector - Pin labeled IG- ( black wire )and the tach works great.

Water gauge sender -
I broke mine and the 1JZ one was too big to fit on the 2JZ water pipe. I went to the junkyard and grabbed a couple of them from the Toyota Corolla/Camry. Same thread and the gauge works without any issues.

Hydro Fan -
Got a Camry Hydro Fan ecu from the junkyard and wired it in and the fan now spins at full speed. Now I can take the car on the freeway :)
Basically wired the Camry's hydrofan plug - Blue/yellow - Pin2 and Yellow- Pin3 to the Solenoid wires (Camry Hydrofan wires are slightly different color)
Wired the White/Red - (Pin 1) to the B2-pin9 ( grey) waire for power
Pin 4 - Brown = ground
and this makes the fan spin full speed once the ecu is plugged in.

I need to put a few accessories on for monitoring and tuning - otherwise its pretty much done.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
moe,do you remember what car the temp sensor came from.the usdm 2j sensor doesn't give a good reading to my gauge.i would rather just swap it put, then re-tap the waterneck for the 1j sensor.if you can remember that would be cool.anyway's i'm glad to hear the car's doing great.i'm really happy to drive mine,just need to find an inspection sticker;).

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Installed the PLX Devices SM-AFR/DM-5 Wide Band O2 Sensor in the cluster. Removed the boost gauge and installed the WB gauge in its palce and it looks pretty good.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Here is a shot of the Camry's throttle cable - a few bucks at the junkyard. Nice and snug and no sticking.
p1034300_1.jpg

p1034300_2.jpg

Also made my car a little bit JDM tighte....er!!!

Here goes :

RAIN GUARDS:
p1034300_3.jpg

p1034300_4.jpg

HATCH VISOR:
p1034300_5.jpg

p1034300_6.jpg

LIGHTING:
EURO TURNS and YELLOW FOGS
p1034300_7.jpg

BONUS:

I found two pairs almost new Rockford Power Series speakers in my parts car that is ready for the junk yard. Thanks to 91MK3 for the discovery lol. Perfect for my upgrade :)
p1034300_8.jpg

Anyways...will post more once car is cleaned and shiny.

Last edited: