Milo's Booster Seat...

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Black ruby pearl is so FTW...
That's what color my car is originally... It's a big fight in my head choosing between that and 6L9 green mica.... grr. paint is such a hassle!

looks fantastic btw :D

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
7MGTESUPRAMAN said:
I like that ruby black pearl.

You must be really smart. :icon_bigg
Thanks all for looking!

90, paint it black, maybe put some green flake in there if you need to.

Justin. Where you been? You are the man if you can paint all that with a pint! Wow. I sprayed two quarts of color, and 1 plus of clear.

Basically, I've just been cleaning my nuts. and bolts and brackets too.

No cam news. I really hoped/expected something today in the form of reassurance. I assume Brian Crower is hard at work filling the order he committed to.:1zhelp:

So things are going back together. In case you have not been following along, here is a before/after shot showing a little actual progress.

enginebaybegin.jpg

baytoday.jpg

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
No shell....yet. (dont wanna thread jack but you asked)

The plan is to buy a shell, no matter the condition but i have decided it must be targa. I'm in college right now so the plan is to get the shell all cleaned up and prepped for a full rebuild. Still contemplating building up a 7M with a fast spooling turbo or just going the 1jz (Big single turbo) route. The interior will be put back to dark grey factory but will have Sparco Evo seats and momo steering wheel, and various neccesary gauges. Exterior will be the bomex three hole front lip, and the rest of the bomex kit. Either Bronze 18" Volk TE-37's or Work Meister S1's. Some crazy offsets, and stretched tires. Paint has got to be Jade Green Mica. Suspension will be Tein Coilovers,Koni Struts, A-1 stuff. Most of this stuff will happen when I graduate college and get a real job. Haha...[/end thread jack]

Last edited:

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
buckshotglass said:
90, paint it black, maybe put some green flake in there if you need to.
6L9 Green Mica is almost exactly what Black Ruby Pearl is.
Black basecoat with green mixed in with aluminum flake. I got my Bomex mirrors painted that color to see what it looked like, and it's amazing.
I may tone down the green a bit, so it wont stand out as much and basically just be the green version of the ruby pearl... hawt.

anyhow, amazing.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Here's to hoping. I'm in on that GB as well, however, I've got many more things that need purchasing before I need cams, but I needed in on that GB, and it'll pay off later when I'm piecing engine parts together.

rs4buddy

Apr 8, 2006
EArth
buckshotglass said:
Thanks for looking. I only had a few more.

oilwaterclose.jpg

this is what I cut off the parts that came with the gauges

autometercutoffs.jpg

If your heatgun has an end piece to pinpoint the hot air, I think that would make things safer damage wise, and easier. I did it without one. I wanted one so bad I tried to make one from some metal tape used on furnace chimneys, but that didn't work at all.:icon_conf

heatgun.jpg

If you have specific questions, feel free to ask.

cool, umm also wondering, if i cutt off the backking of the cluster, just where the oil and turbo gauge is, will it effect any other part of the cluster? for example the gas gauge and whatnot. because theres the green plastic behind it, do i cutt that also?? just hope by cutting the white backing, nothing else gets effect.

thanks
jason

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
90- I just really want my cams. :icon_bigg I totally bought this car based on the group buy. Everything engine wise is waiting on me having those cams. I'm sure Brian is making them as we speak, and I won't shoot the messenger(HPF Eric,) as it's not his fault. anxious for more info...

Group A- Nice dog...mean brakes:evil2:

rs4bud- I didn't cut the back off, I drilled holes, just read the first pages. There are some close ups in the later pages. Carefully roll up and tape the green electric stuff out of the way, before you drill the holes. If you aren't changing the gas gauge, things should still work, I hope, I haven't tested mine yet.:icon_bigg But I may switch that too in a few days.

rs4buddy

Apr 8, 2006
EArth
cool, im gonna give it a shot, i just have to roll up the green electrical stuff and cutt the white backing right? thanks a bunch

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
buckshotglass said:
Carefully roll up and tape the green electric stuff out of the way, before you drill the holes. If you aren't changing the gas gauge, things should still work, I hope, I haven't tested mine yet.:icon_bigg But I may switch that too in a few days.

Yes, if you do not damage the flexible circuit board, the rest your stock gauges will work fine. I had to cut out large holes in the back of my cluster behind my gauges, and had to tape the flexible circuit board out of the way and my gauges still work.