maftpro is working

stokeless

supra-man
Apr 5, 2005
michigan
i went this entire thread... sounds like a good deal. i'll be on the look out once i get everything squared away with my car.

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
stokeless said:
i went this entire thread... sounds like a good deal. i'll be on the look out once i get everything squared away with my car.

I dont think thats ever going to be a reality with us.... :biglaugh:

I am in for it as well...unless the megasquirt is still calling my name...LOL

-Jonathan

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
meh don't like it well at lest not for my car. i think going map ecu cause i am shooting no2 and have boost controler all ready and i have wide band as well

map is better any way

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
NashMan said:
meh don't like it well at lest not for my car. i think going map ecu cause i am shooting no2 and have boost controler all ready and i have wide band as well

map is better any way

heh. ok? better because it costs more? or better because the MKIV guys use it so it MUST be better?

:3d_frown:

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
Adam, a few questions.

1: Can you go slightly off this topic and explain the differences in wideband output signal? Try and dumb it down for everyone to understand. I currently have ZT2 but on the next car I'm thinking about the new FJO. Either way, can you elaborate a little on the different styles out outputs?

2: I have the e01, and I noticed by the seat of my pants dyno, that boost hit much harder and faster than either the profecB(don't know which ver) or a manual boost controller. I don't know why this is. It could be my imagination but I sure as hell don't think so. Can this control boost in the same fasion? (difficult question, I know as I don't have anything to compare to)

3: Previously when I had been asking your input on the VPC you said you wern't very fond of scaling devices, what changed your mind with this unit?

4: I have seen two mounted by the ash tray, and with no offense to the owners of that setup, I think its very tacky, and in my neighbor hood some meth addict would come by and rip it off. Once all functions are set, would there be any reason to keep the display visiable?

5: what is the interface for boost like? ie. do you set in "17 PSI' and it boosts to 17 PSI? Or is it like the e01 where you have a percent of this a percent of that?

6: How many inputs does it have? The unit can datalog, but how many signals can be input to be logged? obviously it has 1 input for a wideband signal, any other inputs for other signals?

That's all I've got for now... I'm sure i'll think of more soon :)

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
Justin said:
Adam, a few questions.

sure, why not?

Justin said:
1: Can you go slightly off this topic and explain the differences in wideband output signal? Try and dumb it down for everyone to understand. I currently have ZT2 but on the next car I'm thinking about the new FJO. Either way, can you elaborate a little on the different styles out outputs?

everyone that makes a WB controller seems to like to make thier output different. technically, the ouput should be a linear 0-5V based on A/F. here's a graph of the techedge WB's output:

afrlin.gif

some WB's outputs are funky,like the ZT2's:

V_AFR.jpg

making either work w/the MAFT pro or standalone is simply a matter of making sure you have the table in the device.

Justin said:
2: I have the e01, and I noticed by the seat of my pants dyno, that boost hit much harder and faster than either the profecB(don't know which ver) or a manual boost controller. I don't know why this is. It could be my imagination but I sure as hell don't think so. Can this control boost in the same fasion? (difficult question, I know as I don't have anything to compare to)

Your dyno needs to be calibrated. ;) both the E01 and a spring MBC should perform the same as they both hold the WG closed until the set boost is reached…same applies for any EBC. The MAFT pro does the same thing- diverts boost reference from the WB until set boost is reached and then drives the solenoid to maintain boost.

Justin said:
3: Previously when I had been asking your input on the VPC you said you wern't very fond of scaling devices, what changed your mind with this unit?

I’m not fond of AFM scaling devices. My support of the MAFT pro is based on support of the community- this device will meet the needs of 95% of the MKIII community. If I can help develop a device that will do that, I’m all for it.

Note that personally I use the AEM EMS….too bad it’s a piece of junk. I just put the stock ECU back in for the dev. work on the MAFT pro.

Justin said:
4: I have seen two mounted by the ash tray, and with no offense to the owners of that setup, I think its very tacky, and in my neighbor hood some meth addict would come by and rip it off. Once all functions are set, would there be any reason to keep the display visiable?

I agree. The keypad isn’t the prettiest thing in the world, but who cares? Once it’s set there’s no reason (other than mad-JDM ricer, yo) to have it sitting out…

Justin said:
5: what is the interface for boost like? ie. do you set in "17 PSI' and it boosts to 17 PSI?
Or is it like the e01 where you have a percent of this a percent of that?

Good question, I haven’t messed w/the boost control yet. I do know units are in kPa….

Justin said:
6: How many inputs does it have? The unit can datalog, but how many signals can be input to be logged? obviously it has 1 input for a wideband signal, any other inputs for other signals?

Not sure what you’re asking….take a look @ what the MAFT pro connects to, it logs ALL those signals….along w/A/F and possibly Vf….

Justin said:
That's all I've got for now... I'm sure i'll think of more soon :)

Keep ‘em coming… ;)

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
isnms said:
I have a couple questions also:

1. does it compensate for atmospheric bov? i.e. EIDS function on s-afr.

if you're running speed/density, yes.

if you're running blow through w/the BOV placed before the MAF, yes.

if you're just using it like a SAFC, no.

isnms said:
2. any screen shots of datalog? only thing is says on the site is Windows compatible.
nevermind #2. found samples of the TunerPro software, though it is stated that it will be customized for the maft Pro.

that's all that's online currently, i can take some later....

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
drjonez said:
heh. ok? better because it costs more? or better because the MKIV guys use it so it MUST be better?

:3d_frown:

not really cause it has some options i want like window switch
and some no2 support and full blown tming control and it data log's

akak if you are shoot no2 i think the map ecu is alot better and cheeper int he logn runn if you choose to dot eh spray root

plsu my frined own's a dyno and just goig to tune ont hat and it not crappy dyno jet eather

for streeting tuning the maft is better i guess

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
NashMan said:
not really cause it has some options i want like window switch
and some no2 support and full blown tming control and it data log's

akak if you are shoot no2 i think the map ecu is alot better and cheeper int he logn runn if you choose to dot eh spray root

plsu my frined own's a dyno and just goig to tune ont hat and it not crappy dyno jet eather

for streeting tuning the maft is better i guess

the window switch is a good thing, the MAFT pro doesn't have something like that. it does have an aux in that can trigger it to supply more/less fuel.

the MAP ECU does not have timing control.

the MAFT pro data logs everything the MAP ECU does....w/the added bonus of logging Vf too.

how is the MAFT better for street tuning? it has both a keypad interface AND a windows interface....

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
you guys need a window switch?.......... can do......

Next software rev.

What parameters does it need (TPS, RPM, Boost, whatever......)

Bob :biglaugh:
(King of customer service)

Chris-Supra

Apr 1, 2005
Minneapolis/Lakeville, Minnesota
this thing sounds like the best thing since sliced bread. I'm sold, within a month I'm ordering one.

Anyone want a basic MAF/T? I'll be selling one soon, hehe. I *heart* fullthrottlespeed (and dr.jones) for getting products like this to the mk3 guys.

Chris

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
turbobob said:
you guys need a window switch?.......... can do......

Next software rev.

What parameters does it need (TPS, RPM, Boost, whatever......)

Bob :biglaugh:
(King of customer service)

That is pretty sweet.

So, the timing monitor/control is pretty much a done deal? That is what the 7M has needed the worst forever. You should put a 20 question test to access it in the software though, so only people that know what they are doing can use it, lol.

jam4484

MKIII Lover
Jul 24, 2005
Tolland CT
chevyeater said:
That is pretty sweet.

So, the timing monitor/control is pretty much a done deal? That is what the 7M has needed the worst forever. You should put a 20 question test to access it in the software though, so only people that know what they are doing can use it, lol.
I agree with only letting people who know how to use it get one. I would love to get one, but I would have to have someone from my area tune it for me because I would not know how to do it.

Jon