JT2MA71's Build. Dyno video on post # 1191

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Selz202 said:
Ron your car is immaculate!... Even your ignition looks new... no scratches on it... that car looks way too clean behind the dash.

I don't know much about metal grading, but I take it T6 is up there?... I just bought a flange made out of the same stuff last night.

Tim

Again Ron's car is nice all around but I do have to mention this: How the heck are you guys scratching up your ignition boxes..they should all look like new if out of site. :icon_conf .. You must be hard on parts. Well you would be here literately too :biglaugh:

Duane

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
Selz202 said:
Ron your car is immaculate!... Even your ignition looks new... no scratches on it... that car looks way too clean behind the dash.

I don't know much about metal grading, but I take it T6 is up there?... I just bought a flange made out of the same stuff last night.

Tim

Thanks, i got the car in almost perfect shape and I've taken care of it really well. Yeah, 6061 T6 is pretty common heat treated aluminum, machinable, weldable, etc.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
upgradedsupra said:
Again Ron's car is nice all around but I do have to mention this: How the heck are you guys scratching up your ignition boxes..they should all look like new if out of site. :icon_conf .. You must be hard on parts. Well you would be here literately too :biglaugh:

Duane

:biglaugh:

duane i think he meant the ignition key cylinder where you put the key to start the car ;) so you scratch it up with the key when looking for the hole.

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
ron is your car a targa???

my dash bar has rust on it :-(

i feel that car has been garaged almost it's hole life!

ne ways looks like you will be driving it it soon enough :love:

i cant wait to see it , droooollll.... i might have to look from a distence to keep from staining the paint~:biglaugh:

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
wow i really don't brows the build up side no more but man dude nice job so far

and umm how much that brick of alumin cost yae and how heavy lol

Selz202

More than Regular Member
May 1, 2005
Black Diamond Wa
jt2ma71 said:
Thanks, i got the car in almost perfect shape and I've taken care of it really well. Yeah, 6061 T6 is pretty common heat treated aluminum, machinable, weldable, etc.

C'mon Ron, don't beat around the bush... we know you have been polishing that key cylinder up.:biglaugh:

crrider80

Too soon Jr.
Jun 3, 2006
NYC
Ron, you're pretty damn talented! Astonishing welding, crafting and you play musical instruments too! Where do you get your inspiration?
-Steve

crrider80

Too soon Jr.
Jun 3, 2006
NYC
jt2ma71 said:
She's got the skills :) This is my daughter's first time ever with a welder/tig machine. I only gave her quick instructions and I didn't know this was what she was going to do :D

463369_141_full.jpg

463369_142_full.jpg

You must be DAMN PROUD! those pics are family album worthy.
-Steve

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
Thanks for all the above comments.

OK. Had some time to do some wiring, not quite done but the engine part of it is. I did it this way so it will be easier to take the motor out; just unplug the 3 milspec circular connectors as far as wiring goes. Maybe when clutch needs to be inspected or something.

I did some wiring work in the car today but have not taken any pictures.

Here're the units that need to be hooked up.
wiring1.jpg

EGT probes are wired separately and plug will be on the right side firewall.
wiring2.jpg

Two other connectors shown below have the rest of the wiring including speed sensors for traction control, reverse light switch, starter solenoid, etc.
wiring3.jpg

Motec dash harness shown below.
wiring4.jpg

So hopefully, hardly any wires will be visible or routed along the framerail in the engine bay
wiring5.jpg

Thanks for looking. I can't wait to get this car running again....