JT2MA71's Build. Dyno video on post # 1191

Feb 24, 2006
Los Angeles
you're one hell of an enthusiast w/ custom building. your mk3 is one of a kind btw and i can't wait see pics/videos of her running. hardcore props bro!! :bigthumb:

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
How much does a chunk of billet that size cost?

Why didn't you machine a billet aluminum engine block?

Piratetip

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
#1) Fine you don't have to tell, I can figure it out. (You have to at least give me the grade though)
#2) Good, I have envisioned someone creating this, looks like the perfect guy for the job. No one here will believe it though.

kwnate
You spelled bearing wrong :p

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Piratetip said:
#1) Fine you don't have to tell, I can figure it out. (You have to at least give me the grade though)
#2) Good, I have envisioned someone creating this, looks like the perfect guy for the job. No one here will believe it though.

kwnate
You spelled bearing wrong :p

What does it matter of the cost?

Duane

Piratetip

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
It is a question, that is all. You guys are guarding it like a top secret file, so in classic human nature I am curious.
Anyways...onward and upward to updates.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Piratetip said:
It is a question, that is all. You guys are guarding it like a top secret file, so in classic human nature I am curious.
Anyways...onward and upward to updates.

I too am curious and so I am asking why you are asking.... "so in classic human nature I am curious" ;)

Duane

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
upgradedsupra said:
I too am curious and so I am asking why you are asking.... "so in classic human nature I am curious" ;)

Duane

here and I'll ask a more pertinent question.

240 lbs chunk of aluminum.

what grade of aluminum?

then it will be cake to find price out ;)

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
figgie said:
here and I'll ask a more pertinent question.

240 lbs chunk of aluminum.

what grade of aluminum?

then it will be cake to find price out ;)

It will depend on how much aluminum you buy in a year to determine a decent price ;) It is T6/6061

Duane

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
6061 T6 cost anywhere from 3 to 5 dollars per lb. Machine shops usually get a better deal.

Jorge, I'm doing fine, thanks. I work on the car every time i get the chance :)

Nate helped me take the dash out last weekend and we got rid of some things that are not needed anymore. I've also gotten rid of a lot of wires since then.

dashout1.jpg

~Ron

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
hottscennessey said:
I cannot believe how clean your car is... even behind the dash. No dust/rust in sight!

If you have rust inside then you have a problem. ;)

Ron's car is very clean all around...he doesn't drive it because it is always being modified :D

Duane

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
LOL Duane. I drive my car/s of course, as long as they are running :) Yup! my supra has no rust and I want to keep it that way. That is why I've already treated that cross bar behind the dash with metal conditioner and then painted it :D

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
jt2ma71 said:
LOL Duane. I drive my car/s of course, as long as they are running :) Yup! my supra has no rust and I want to keep it that way. That is why I've already treated that cross bar behind the dash with metal conditioner and then painted it :D

Baller :biglaugh:

Selz202

More than Regular Member
May 1, 2005
Black Diamond Wa
Ron your car is immaculate!... Even your ignition looks new... no scratches on it... that car looks way too clean behind the dash.

I don't know much about metal grading, but I take it T6 is up there?... I just bought a flange made out of the same stuff last night.

Tim