JT2MA71's Build. Dyno video on post # 1191

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
Good to see progress Ron!

Did you ever get that billet oil pan back? Or is it still in the works?

Loving the look of that wiring, VERY clean! We expect no less though ;)
Did you buy those mil-spec connectors locally? Care to share the secret? :naughty:

When you finish your car, this will be the nicest, cleanest MKIII on the road!

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
Jaguar_5 said:
Good to see progress Ron!

Did you ever get that billet oil pan back? Or is it still in the works?

Loving the look of that wiring, VERY clean! We expect no less though ;)
Did you buy those mil-spec connectors locally? Care to share the secret? :naughty:

When you finish your car, this will be the nicest, cleanest MKIII on the road!

Hey, oil pan is due for completion in a couple days!!
Mil-spec connectors are from a good friend in Texas. This guy hooks me up everytime :)

Your engine bay paint will still blow mine away. Makes me think of painting mine now. If I knew you were doing that I would have let you borrow one of my spray guns, I have like 4 here.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Ron

very nice. Going to feed the stock 2jzgte coils then??

btw thanks for the recommendation on the TIG welder. Have my targets set on big blue dynasty 350. Need the overhead and curious to see how inverter based welders work ;)

Wish I was still int he Airforce. I always could use some Mil-Spec connector but never (back in 92-96) had a need for mil-spec. 11 years later I need them!! lol

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
Thanks for the comments Ron! But still, your engine bay is nicer from what I remember, mine has some defects, but they shouldn't be too noticeable when everything's assembled, I'm happy with how it turned out :) Plus, you just can't beat a factory paint job in it's original condition!

If you ever need a hand, I promise to be careful ;)

Seriously though, I have Sundays off now, if you guys are getting together to work and shoot the shit, let me know :)

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
kwnate said:
Why is that? Oh yeah forgot about Duanes car :icon_razz

I forgot how to put the dash back in, hope you were taking notes.

Don't forget about your car too ;)

Ron leave the dash out and be like RREV :biglaugh:

Duane

2jzmk3

jt2ma71 said:
Thanks for all the above comments.

OK. Had some time to do some wiring, not quite done but the engine part of it is. I did it this way so it will be easier to take the motor out; just unplug the 3 milspec circular connectors as far as wiring goes. Maybe when clutch needs to be inspected or something.

I did some wiring work in the car today but have not taken any pictures.

Here're the units that need to be hooked up.
wiring1.jpg

EGT probes are wired separately and plug will be on the right side firewall.
wiring2.jpg

Two other connectors shown below have the rest of the wiring including speed sensors for traction control, reverse light switch, starter solenoid, etc.
wiring3.jpg

Motec dash harness shown below.
wiring4.jpg

So hopefully, hardly any wires will be visible or routed along the framerail in the engine bay
wiring5.jpg

Thanks for looking. I can't wait to get this car running again....

sick..my next goal is to get rid of every wire i am not using as well. i cant wait to see the engine bay together. when i finally do my pull my motor back out for inspection, i plan on doing that..

great job. where do you find the time...............

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
2jzmk3 said:
sick..my next goal is to get rid of every wire i am not using as well. i cant wait to see the engine bay together. when i finally do my pull my motor back out for inspection, i plan on doing that..

great job. where do you find the time...............

Ron is taking so long because he is taking his time :icon_razz Seriously. He has had this for over a year now ;)

Duane

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
what's all this dash talk man the mk3 dash is cake to take out and put back in compared to other cars

i cna have one out in under 15 mins being carefull but i have taken my dash out mroe then once and same wiht other dashes that poepel own

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
jt2ma71:

You've got parts for that car that I didn't even know could be purchased! And those that weren't available, you apparently built yourself- a billet oil pan??

I think that......mmm....wait....yes- YES....
I truly hate you.
My car isn't even worthy of running your used break-in oil.
I request that the mods delete his membership, and his name be stricken from the white pages..............please?

In all seriousness- and I know it's been said 100 times in this thread already- absolutely amazing effort and results. Keep it up.

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
NashMan said:
what's all this dash talk man the mk3 dash is cake to take out and put back in compared to other cars

i cna have one out in under 15 mins being carefull but i have taken my dash out mroe then once and same wiht other dashes that poepel own
Thats great thanks for sharing.