Jimi's build update

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Cryo: Thanks.

Ben: Thanks, the tail should look familiar ;)

Ian: They are from scratch, I made them out of fiberglass.

Oh BTW, these are just mocked up on this hood, I will be getting a CF hood soon that these will be attached to. And the CF hood will be painted the same as the rest of the car (silver).

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
All-righty how about this....

p1102535_1.jpg

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Yeah I'm thinking I like this the best also, I will lay them down more, I just slapped them on real quick for the pic.

Only problem I have with the centers is they don't match my fender vents as well.

Fender vents....

p1102553_1.jpg

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
SS: Thanks

Ian: Too bad the molds broke :cry: I really was wanting to make a few more and sell them. I thought for sure they would have held long enough to do a couple more.

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
If you are new...start reading from the beginning.

OK, well I'm back for another season of supra. I ended up last fall buying a Land Rover Discovery 1 with the money I had saved up for the sup, the truck is sick, had no problems this winter in the snow in the mountains going boarding, I will have to get some picks up (not a normal Land Rover/ yuppie truck).

But it is now time for the sup once again, I ordered a new HKS metal HG, should be in on Thursday. My plan is to pull the head and check the decking of the block w/timing cover and head that JARCO did, hopefully it was decked properly.

I must confess, (ashamed of myself) I did not do a re-torque on the head until there was a problem, after about 10-15 heat cycles, should have been after 3......

So, seeing as it never overheated on me or anything, nothing should be warped (and there was no coolant in the oil). This would be the best case scenario, that the head gasket failed from not being re-torqued properly. And a new one will solve all my problems.....one can hope:1zhelp:
But, if I open it up and it's F'd I will look for a new rebuild. This would suck, remember, I only have just shy of 2000 miles on this build.....

In the fall I also bought all new EGR parts from Toyo (almost 500 in parts just for the EGR), so I will be re-plumbing the EGR into my FFIM, that should be fun...

BTW, all the stuff I'm doing, good or bad, I'm just being honest with you guys in my attempts.... I am no expert...

Last edited:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Hey Jimi! :)

Anxiously awaiting pics, regardless of whether they're Land Rover pics or Supra! :)

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
jimi87-t;1261353 said:
BTW, all the stuff I'm doing, good or bad, I'm just being honest with you guys in my attempts.... I am no expert...

I beg to differ...

What you do is incredible. Glad to finally see an update. I was up in your neck of the woods last week, but I was doing a medical flight. All work, no play.

SURUKO

making the supra better..
Jan 8, 2007
The tropical island....
very nice supra and work :drool: just an great work with the fiberglass i just read your entire thread (now suscribed) and anxious to see some new pictures so keep up the good stuff....:naughty: