Jimi's build update

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Ah, I think I have some hooking up to do.......
Maft Pro (with speed density and boost control), Aeromotive AFPR, LIPP AFPR Install Kit, FP Gauge (for under the hood), Walbro 255, RC 550 Injectors & Clips.

p335290_1.jpg

p335290_2.jpg

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Thanks guys.

Not sure when I'll be putting it all on. Probably when I have the bumper off to get painted, that way it is only down once.

Ben, I'm not quite done on that adapter, I'm close, should have it done this week sometime.

kaifiji

no glove...no love
Oct 22, 2006
bay area
nice...

seen what you did with your air box so just trowing in something that might help. dont know if its too late but here's an idea.

this is what one of our cressida guyz did.(scroll down to about 1/4 of the way down this thread.)

you might have done it already but theres so my pages to this post, it'll take me a week to read it. so if you've done it already, dont mind me.
http://thermactor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9487&start=250

Last edited:

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Thanks kaifiji,

Thats pretty crazy with the dry ice air box. I plan on eventually running a CO2 spray setup on the IC. That is, if I ever decide to track the car.

kaifiji

no glove...no love
Oct 22, 2006
bay area
jimi87-t said:
Thanks kaifiji,

Thats pretty crazy with the dry ice air box. I plan on eventually running a CO2 spray setup on the IC. That is, if I ever decide to track the car.
how do you plan on doing your CO2 setup? a friend of mine, another cressida guy, was planning sumthing for his car too.

kaifiji

no glove...no love
Oct 22, 2006
bay area
jimi87-t said:
If I run one it will be a kit like this: designengineering.com

my friend was planning on make coils out of copper piping and then inserting it somehow in his intake pipe and intercooler plumbing. he was going to get his CO2 at any local hardware store.

but how much of a horsepower gain will it really give you? does it justify all time and money spend to get that little increase in power/torque?

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
nice job on the car. How do you "carefully" remove the pointers from the factory gauges? I was able to yank them off of the old boost, and oil gauges, but I didn't want to try it on the ones I still need.
I think UPS is dropping off a set of those same wheels today, in gloss black. I won't spill the beans, don't worry.
Thanks, Dave

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Main thing on removing the pointers is to do your best to apply even force on the base of the needle so you don't bend the shaft or break the needle. And just go slow, take your time. Also mark where the needle was resting at so when you put them back on they are pointing at the same spot.

Get some pics of the wheels, I'd like to see them. The ones I have only come in gun metal, so they might not be the same brand.

To everyone keeping up: Sorry no real updates to report, haven't done much with the supie lately. But I have some vacation time coming up so hopefully I'll get something done.........