Jimi's build update

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Ok Ben, Thanks, let me know a price, and let me know what you need help on and I'll see what I can do.
Is she running yet? Do you take it up to sonic?

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Actually, I would have saved the molds, but the way I made them, they had to be broke to release the part.
But yes, I do like keeping some stuff "unique":icon_razz

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
heres a couple vids from today jimi

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?p=280491#post280491

but the main thing that ill need help on will be the little adapter thingy for the TPS on a mustang throttle cuz this homey isnt talented like that, your the man with the fab skills round these parts

im off of work tomorrow and ill talk to him about it, so its just the front bumper that you need painted?

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Yay Ben! Up and runnin! Sounds nice, can't waite to see it.

That adapter should not be a problem, are you using the "power" TB like mine?

And yes, the bump and header panel (not too picky about the quality of the header, it's bent and I need a new one) But the the bump is the shineautoproject "gracer", so it's fiberglass and will need preped and all that jazz. Later on I will get the whole car done.

Last edited:

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
im actually just gonna prolly be using the stock TB off my friends 03 GT

i forgot to ask him today, but the way he works is hell end up painting the entire front end of your car, not just the bumper in order to blend it all together

my guess is that itll be about $250 total for it, thats including all materials, paint and labor, but ill get a def price tomorrow when i head up there (got a few gauges to wire up

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Ok, thanks Ben, I will more than likely just take him the bumper and header panel to get it done, I'm working on other things on the car, so I would not beable to just drop the whole car off.

Are you going to be at sonic this weekend, I may try to come up there for a bit.

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Ok, I know there has been a lot of talking and no action so here are some pics of what I've been up to, new bump and HKS BOV......
The pics are dark, I know, it is BRIGHT outside and the bumper is black against a light background, but it will soon be painted! ::salute::

p282666_1.jpg

p282666_2.jpg

p282666_3.jpg

p282666_4.jpg

p282666_5.jpg

p282666_6.jpg

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Thanks Nate!

I just got back from driving her for a bit, this was after not driving it for over 2 months.(I forgot how fast she is :icon_twis )
I scraped pulling out of the drive, not bad, just hit a bolt on the bottom that goes to the bottom bumper support. So coming back in I had to come in at a 45* , so now I have to move 2 cars out of the way to get the sup out:biglaugh:

BTW everyone, new pics on the last page, of the bumper and stuff. And I added links on the first post to all the pics in this thread.

Last edited:

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
looks really good jimi, lots better than the old black one

i hear ya on the clearance my bomex lip didnt give me much coming into my driveway

just let me know when you want to get the bumper painted and ill get him to paint em for ya, and ill get you a def price b4 i go to work today

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Ben: Sounds good. I'll talk to you about it this weekend. Right now I'm think about going up to sonic on friday night. You going to have your supie up there?

Justin: Thanks dude!