ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived!!!!!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Hopefully this will solve [strike]all of, some of, or at least[/strike] one of your problems Scott. Good luck.

I want it to solve all of them of course, but it just never seems to work out that way for my Vonda's supra.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
That's just my lastest glitch Noah! When the car is on, my brake lights are always on. When it started, I could make them go out by playing with the pedal. Now nothing turns them out. I'm hoping it's caused by some of my wiring on the NEO. I'm not confident that it's wired in perfect. The harness has had one on it, so it should be a good guide, and it should show me if I was right or wrong. I tried a different taillight failure box yesterday with no luck. I have several of the brake ECU's in my shed, that will be next on the list if wiring doesn't help.

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
that is what i was thinking. i had a car that when i released the brake pedal, the lights would still be on so i had to pull on it with my foot. but i don't know if the supra is set up the same. i don't think your wiring is the problem. unless you wired the neo to stop working when you pressed the brake

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I think the switch is on the pedal itself, and I believe I have a spare pedal in the shed. I doubt it is wiring too. I'm thinking switch, so I will check out that extra pedal. If it takes swapping the pedal, I will do it, but hopefully it is easier than that.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Well I just went and got the car from work. Being nighttime, I was able to see that I can temporarily turn them off by pulling the pedal up with my foot. But when I let go, they turn back on. Hopefully I can just do some adjusting. Anyone got any pointers on that?

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Yeah Scott, thats actually a pretty common problem. I havent done it on the Supra but I cant image its much different from most cars. The switch that turns on and off the brake lights is usually mounted to a frame support and when the pedal is pushed it opens the switch and closes the circuit.
There is usually a locknut and adjuster to move the switch closer or farther away from the pedal bar so that it will turn off when the pedal is released. It shouldnt take more than a few minutes to get under the dash and adjust it.

Occasionally those switches go bad but usually when they do you get no lights instead of lights all the time.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
This sounds like something Scott can have done in no time. Now if he only had a new wiring harness.............

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I'm so tired of working on this car. The harness should be here soon, and I have been putting a lot off until then. Maybe this weekend I can get a lot of stuff done.Stuff such as:

1. Install Harness
2. Fix Brake pedal/Switch
3. Swap rear Brakes and possibly calipers
4. Attempt to get stock Fog Lights into this Shine G-Spec Bumper (will this happen Jay)
5. Install Grilles, and get the rest of the bolts into my Nose Panel (several missing or loose)
6. Possibly even change plugs again, as I believe I'm fouling them quickly not knowing how to tune this NEO. It's missing a good bit, but might be from pulling timing due to the codes I have.
7. Check VF signal again
8. Fix Speedometer Cable

We will see how much of this I actually get done.

Last edited:

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Man I wish I lived closer to some of you guys struggling to get the details hammered out. Im bored off my ass right now and my Jeep needs absolutely nothing (that I can afford to do anyway). I seriously need a project car for the summer.