ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived!!!!!

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
ForcedTorque;989845 said:
I am working a mile from work, .

You work a mile from work??? Have you been sneeking into my pill bottle? Good stuff ain't it.

Seriously though. I'm glad Noah was able to help you out some, or a lot actually. At least you know you don't have a boost leak now. You'll find your gremlins, I'm sure of that.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Other Ken, I'm pretty sure it's not pills making him type dellusionally.........it's supraproblemsinsomnia............:biglaugh:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I JUST WORK TOO DAMN MUCH! Work sometimes feels like home. Hell, I posted that from work.

Or, Jay could be right with Supraproblemsinsomnia. My spirit is broken. But Manny (Boosted Supra) posted a picture of his brand new harness, and said it's only "almost $400" at Champion. Maybe it won't take too long to get that.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Bringing the car/thread back to life!

Yesterday i made my 3rd trip to the DMV, and finally got the car titled in my name, and got it a current tag. So, now that I can legally drive the car, I drove it to work this morning. It was the first time I have driven it since Noah and I had worked on it. It still ran "like a lawnmower", as Noah called it. But, after running that wayhalfway through each gear, it would actually smooth out and be in boost. This time, I actually could feel the boost. It was very difficult to come into work all stiff legged. It's been SOOOO long since I have felt boost I had forgotten. Now I will get a little more motivated. I'm probably not gonna drive it much more until I get my wideband, and a new harness. Wideband is on it's way, and I have about half of the money for the harness back into the supra fund. I also have a new accordian to put on today, so there could be another update later.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
^Ya me Too! Jim said I could borrow his multimeter to recheck it, but I haven't had a chance to get over there yet. I put my accordian on when I got back from lunch, and just took it for a test drive now at break. Still lawnmower like, and I added some fuel with the NEO but still couldn't smooth it. I just raised my fuel pressure to about 35, and it made a big difference. I'll drive it after work to see what that did. I have plans tonight, but might be able to do a litle more tonight. I'll post another update later tonight.

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
while you adjust fuel pressure, pull the vacuum hose off and plug it, should be between 33-40 psi according to tsrm and plugging the line back up the psi should be 23-30ish. all while checking the vf signal.
your exhaust was spitting fuel even with pressure at 25psi with line on, but vf was all over the place.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
noah89t;999773 said:
scott, you should apply for a personalized plate that says "TORQUE" to go with your screen name.

Agreed!!!

Glad to see that Noah could help you out a bit Scott!! He does seem to have two things he is good at Supras and Garlic....lol:biglaugh:

Other Ken I can see how you could think both you and Scott are leading kinda the same life. I will say this, since I have met both of you in person I can honestly say as far as being similar you both are two of the kindest, caring Supra loven southerners I have ever met. No wonder you guys get along so well here on the forum.

With that said I would just like to say after meeting both of you over the last couple years if I had to go with who I like better I would have to go with ME.................:biglaugh::sarcasm::icon_razz

Also sorry I havent been around much lately in your thread Scott I have had a bunch going on and projects to get done so I can start on my car again.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Hey Guys............I just got back from poker, and I won $1260.00

WOOOOOOTTT!!!!!

That pays for my Eagle rods and CP pistons.

Good night all, I'm going to watch the cressida beat up on the mustangs..........:biglaugh:

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
you said you raised your fuel pressure, try lowering it. you can't go any lower than 20 psi with the vacuum line disconnected. try setting it around 25-30 psi with no line. i still haven't installed my new accordion.
no it wasn't BSTKLDU, wasn't even HI-PSI or TRBOLAG. the last two i really like

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
It was asked by Jay inTHE KEN'S thread how my car was doing. I took Noah's advise and lowered my fuel pressure to 26 without the vacuum line, and hooked up it dropped it to under 20. That brought my boost back, and smoothed most of the lawnmowering. I tried for a short while to improve it with the NEO with no luck. I was scared to keep trying to take away fuel with no wideband, so I decided I would wait and let a pro do it. I didn't get a chance to recheck codes as I got called away. But I'm gaining confidence that tuning and a new wiring harness should get this car where it should be.