ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived!!!!!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
noah89t;1039847 said:
helllll Yeahhhh!!!

Noah, I was gonna call you today concerning Ohming my injectors. I put my multimeter to the upside down U with feet. It either gives me a Zero or 1, and doesn't ever give anything else. I'm a newb with a multimeter. Can you tell me what to do?

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Neck is back to normal (tolerable pain only). As for the car, I haven't touched it since Sunday. Today is the first day I haven't felt sore since then. Maybe tonight I will have the energy to tackle the harness modifications I need to do. At first glance, I believe either the Neo and S-AFC are different, or I had the NEO hooked up wrong on a wire or two. I will have the manual handy when I do it for damn sure. I may have to work tonight and tomorrow night, so it could be the weekend before I do any more. I actually thought about bringing it to work, and locking myself into my building away from everyone else to work on it on the clock, but I ran out of time if I was gonna make it here on time. I might get it if I go home for lunch and do it this afternoon if it's slow.

Oh, There is one small amount of progress I can report. I bought a lighter for my shrink tubing that I'll put on my injector wires last night. We don't own a lighter in my house ever.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I've got my injector clips swapped over to the new harness. Now I just have to wire in the NEO wiring, and it will be ready to go back in the car this weekend. If I could just quit surfing SM, I could get busy. I should go get it now, and spread it out over the dinner table. Isn't that what newspaper is for? I'm gonna have both harnesses and the NEO manual all together to be sure I do it right this time. I know there is at least one wire that yawgmoth had done differently on his S-AFC, so I must have done something wrong! I can follow the manual and his wiring tape, and maybe get it right this time.

Damn.......typing this is motivating me. I guess I'm gonna get started.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
I eagerly await more updates :D

Oh, and I missed all the posts on the work you did... So here is a belated happy dance: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I made it through the weekend without touching my car or harness. It was a long eventful wekend, but a relaxing one as well without working on the car for the first time in a while.

Today, I got my NEO wired in on the harness, and it is now ready to go into the car. I found out what I did wrong wiring the NEO in on the other harness. I had two plugs wired right, and the third was done upside down. Maybe now I can get it to act right. Who knows what signals I had running thru my ECU. Hopefully it hasn't screwed anything up in there.

I do have one question now. The NEO shows a ground wire and a ground-i wire, but the diagram doesn't show using the ground -i, except for in one of the two diagrams. The diagram of which ECU plugs to use does not show it, but the diagram showing what color wire to use for each type signal has it wired to the same wire the other ground goes to. Should I use it, or not?

I am going to go searching now. Hopefully tonight, I can find enough time to get at least some of it wired into the car. It shouldn't take long as I know where each plug goes now pretty good.

******EDIT******* A quick search for ground-i, showed this thread now as the only result. Maybe I'll start a thread.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I got the harness almost all the way in tonight. The only wire left to hook up is the starter wire. I have the intake plenum to snug up, and I have to stuff the ECU plugs through the firewall and hook them up. I got about half the bolts into the plenum, and realized I still had to do the ECU plugs too. I was soaking wet, and daylight was gone, so I decided to finish it up tomorrow.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I never ask for a happy dance, I like to just earn them. I have just been motivated to finish up tonight tho. Check back tonight, or tomorrow, or hell Friday, but in just 14 hours or so. I hope she's running by then.