ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived!!!!!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Pete I wish you lived closer too, because we have plenty of projects to keep you busy. I also wished Kristel lived closer to, but only so I could get the happy dances in person at the supra meets.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Not just the dances K.........we could all gang up on on of out wrecks. Then you could come by on a little cart, and serve us all beer. You know, kinda like a beer chick at a golf tournament. So, there at least 2 things we could like about you.:evil2:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
So far today, I have run into a major snag on my list. I started the day with my son pulling the motor out of his 240SX. Then we (him working, me pointing, unless he needs help) removed the intake manifold from the KA24 we removed hoping that we can use it on the SR20DE we are going to install. I'm letting him do most of the work, so he will appreciate the car more when finished. He has quit for the day, and says he feels like he has accomplished a good bit.

As for my list, I have already adjusted the switch on my brake pedal, and I believe I have fixed that. Now I'm working on removing the wiring harness, and just need to remove the upper intake manifold to get it out. I will put that to the side, and leave it for this evening. After dark, I will wire in my injector clips and NEO wiring. Tomorrow it will all go back in. While I have the manifold off, I believe I should go ahead and OHM my injectors as per Noah's advise. I will also install the missing ground wore on my coil pack, and probably try the ground upgrade to my igniter that Jdub posted about.

After I'm through with the harness, I believe I will work on my front end a bit. I will install my grilles, attempt to install fogs, and snug up the nose panel. The fog light bracket has a different set of bolt holes that appears like it will center them up for my new bumper.

Tomorrow I will attempt to do rear brakes, fix speedometer, and replace the tail piece on my tranny. Mine is bent, and causes a slight noise as the drive shaft spins inside the not so straight circle. I will post again later to report what all I got done.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Thanks for returning Kristel, after the playfulness in your honor.

The harness is now out, and compared to my new harness. It is a MUCH better harnees that the one I just took off. I know, I know, I should have been sure the new one was gonna match up before I yanked out the old one, but I didn't think about it until it was too late. Luckily it matches up perfect, or even better. This harness doesn't have my extra air bag plug or one of the plugs that goes under intake manifold and never gets used. So, it lack two unused plugs, therefore it's better than perfect.

I got my grilles in, and put a few more bolts into my nose panel. I just quit for the day, and I failed to work on the fog lights, I'm such a failure. Anyway, like my son, I feel like I got a good bit accomplished today.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Yeah I second the big list sentiment, but its good to have goals. All I did was mow the lawn and yell at the neighbor kids!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
The realization that I "probably" can't get a Plenum/manifold gasket today lead to another failure. Fatigue set in, and I used that as my excuse to not worry about swapping my clips to the new harness last night. If I can't put the plenum back on, I still have a little time before I need the harness in place.

I'll still get the brakes, speedo cable, and tranny tail done today, and possibly do the harness clips today. I hate working under the car!!!!!!!!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
So far today, I have removed the driveshaft, and lowered the tranny. The purpose for these was to swap out the tail shaft on the tranny and re-work my speedo cable. These are finished, and I'm taking a break after getting the driveshaft back into the tail of the tranny. I still have to bolt up the carrier bearing, tail end of the driveshaft, and tranny mount, and all of that will be complete down there. I'm taking another break as my neck is not letting me do what I want to anymore. I'll get that done in a bit. I may get the fogs done or not today, I don't know. I have also gotten my ground added to my coil pack.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Good job Scott.

I drove my car to the golf course today, shot a 71, and then drove it back home. I didn't have but one problem to and from and that was on the way there.....I stopped at a store that cooks bisquits. As I was leaving to firemen were admiring my car (it was sunny, and the top was out, so yeah it was looking hot......happy face smilie here) anyways, they wanted me to get on it when I left, but I can't due to the clutch not seated properly yet. I'm not really worried about the engine, but I don't dare mess up the clutch or it'll never hold for me. Then, as if that wasn't enough, a freaking Mazda 6 pulled up beside me on the way home and kept trying to get me to race. I'm like, are you kidding me? It was all I could do not to race him, but I was thinking about the big picture. They rode beside me for about two miles, but I kinda just ignored them. They finally ended up turning off.

I tried working on Vonda's car today, but her jinx, I mean her car tore up my Milwaukee sawzall. Imagine that, her car pissing me off today. All I was trying to do was put on some new lower intercooler pipes for her, but that didn't turn out so good. Hopefully, I can borrow a sawzall from my brother tomorrow and get them done, but I'm not making any promises. Sorry for the book Scott. Good luck getting yours finished. I want to have a meet somewhere up here soon so I want you to have yours running. Maybe we can have it at a track and we can all do some racing.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Haha.......Jay is scared of a Mazda 6! You need not even go over 3lbs of boost for that one! I would have been more worried about not being able to show the firemen a good show. I guess I've rested enough, I gotta go back out and finish.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
^Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av12y93JFwM

Yes, I finished all I set out to finish today. Now all of my under the car work is done. Can I get a HellYeah! I did not get my new harness back into the car, but that project is at least half finished with the old one out. I also didn't get my rear brakes done, but the brake light problem is behind me, I am pretty sure. Checking the VF signal will also have to wait, until I have the harness back in. All in all I'm pretty happy with everything I got done this weekend on my car, and the fact that we got the motor pulled and intake manifold off of it for preparation of the SR20 in my son's 240SX. Now, I'm gonna take some muscle relaxers to try and rebuild my neck. Not sure how long I'll be around tonight.