ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived!!!!!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I have an update............and it's not about my car.............it's about ME!!!!!!!!!!

I had a trilogy of great thing happen to me today. First off, work sucked today, but everything else has been great about today. I will list them in order of importance.

1. In the mail today, I got a letter inviting me to an orientation of training for the new Steel Mill that they are building 15 miles up the road from me. It has been publicized that jobs will have a starting base pay of $50,000 and up depending on position. It will still be a while before the plant is finished, as in I don't even know if they have even started yet. This will help the Supra fund a good bit. And not only the pay, but it will probably come with a paid insurance, that would give my wife about a $5000 a year raise as well.

2. Also today, my wife received the first payment on a new child support plan that her EX signed to stay out of jail. He was so far behind, that his new payments to work on his arrears will be like she had a second job. I know that child support shouldn't be considered income, but she is now 18, and I have been supporting her since she was 4 without a lot of support coming in most of that time. Our daughter will be taken care of whether her biological dad has anything to do with it or not, and she will see a good bit of the money when it comes in. I am not counting on him paying it long anyway. Almost every time he has started paying and his payroll gets automatically deducted, it has never been long before he moves on to another job. Maybe that won't happen this time, as he himself has landed a pretty good paying job this time. Our lawyer took advantage of that too! But money on paper is never good in this case, until it is green paper.

3. Then tonight we were sitting in the drive thru waiting on some food, when a radio commercial for the Taste of Chaos tour featuring Avenged Sevenfold and Atreyu and more came on. Right after I said that I wanted to go to that, the DJ announced our Daughter as the winner of tickets. She doesn't want to go, so me and my Son are gonna go. Hardly compares to the other two, but you guys know me and my Rock and Roll Concert addiction.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
My streak of good luck continued today. I went to work and had a great day, as my boss pulled me aside and officially told me that I will be taking over new responsibilities and getting a $5 an hour raise as of April 1st. The work is gonna be a good bit easier, and I should work less. This will suit me fine as I wait for the steel mill to be finished.

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
ForcedTorque;965052 said:
My streak of good luck continued today. I went to work and had a great day, as my boss pulled me aside and officially told me that I will be taking over new responsibilities and getting a $5 an hour raise as of April 1st. The work is gonna be a good bit easier, and I should work less. This will suit me fine as I wait for the steel mill to be finished.

Congrats Scott, nothing better than getting the apprecaition you deserve.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Mate, that is FANTASTIC news!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for you!!!!

:boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
LilMissMkIII;965866 said:
:boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies:

Damn...it still goes on! Thanks Kristel..

Finally, a small car update as well. Today I placed an order for the needed couplers to install my HKS 3000 pipe. Tomorrow, I'm gonna put things back together, and crank down the clamp a good bit more. Mike (I think) at Driftmotion tells me that not having a bead on my pipe shouldn't allow it to leak if I'm using T-Bolts. So, maybe I just didn't crank it down far enough. I still wonder though if I don't need a bead right after leaving the IC and moving downward out of the coupler into the next pipe. If I gotta tighten until I snap a clamp, it's OK because I have several more coming.

The1

Too poor to be here..:(
May 24, 2007
Austin, TX
Hey Scott, I see who is going to have all the money now.lol. Congrats man!!! I remember hearing on the news that 4000 applications went in one week. I thought about trying to put in an application but I just can't pick up and move again.

****************back to the car******************

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I will bring this thread back from the dead with a small update.

I finally have my water temp sensor problem taken care of, and my check engine light turned off. I had quite a bit of trouble getting that water temp connector replaced on my harness. I have searched all of my partial harnesses, and put up a parts wanted ad on it with no luck. Other Ken (GTSfirefighter) sent me all of the other plugs that I needed to rewire my entire theremostat section of my harness. But I had no other luck until yesterday. I have sold my parts car to a scrap guy, and the last thing I did to it was finish taking my dash wiring harness out of it. Everything has been removed from the dash for a long time, so I don't know where it came from, but I did find a connector that I could easily modify, and it fit perfectly. I really didn't expect to find anything, and it kinda just popped up outta nowhere.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Good luck on the steel mill job Scott and congrats on the raise. You should be up to about seven dollars an hour now with that five dollar an hour raise. You forgot to tell them that you also get a free chicken every other friday as part of your raise...........:biglaugh:

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
i went to scott's house saturday to help him with his car. first thing we did was hook up the compressor and check for leaks, and found none. second was adjusting his timing which was set at 15 degrees without the jumper wire. so we set it to 10 degrees with the jumper wire. he had codes 42, 43, and 51. one is no starter signal below 800rpm and the other i forgot. his base fuel pressure was set at 48psi, so i adjusted that without the vaccuum line to 35psi and plugging the line drops it to 25 which is in the stock range. we then tested his vf signal and it was jumping from .9 all the way to 5.03 randomly. changing his fuel pressure didn't move the vf signal. his plugs were fouled so we changed them and still had the same codes after resetting the ecu. we couldn't figure out how to turn off his apexi NEO to only mess with the regulator. my friend thomas thinks he has some wiring problems.
edit: changing the fuel on the NEO at idle didn't help with the vf signal either. Maybe it isn't supposed to.

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
At least you tried to rescue the damsel in distress Noah. It seems his car is like Vondas and has a mind of it's own. Hopefully he'll come up with some answers before he loses his motivation. If my motor doesn't hurry up and get here, I'm about to lose mine.

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
i will gladly go back to button up scott's car with him if we can figure out where to start with the codes he has. you know me, i'm all about helping some supra owners. my weekend was full of working on cars. george's on friday, scott's on saturday and my dad's on sunday.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Noah, Thanks for your help! Your remembrance of details is impecable. (What did I just say?) Lose motivation.........NEVER! Drop to Jake's pace, and find a different daily driver, maybe. The wife and I have talked about getting her a new 2 door Altima, and me driving the Trailblazer daily. That makes sense as I am working a mile from work, and she drives almost 30 each way daily. That would leave the Supra as my toy. Right now, I don't have a daily, but I do drive my daughters car 2 days a week, and get dropped off by her the other 3 days. Her boyfriend works with me, so I always have a ride home. It just sucks not having a car sometimes.