ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived!!!!!

xxxotiknightz

Boomer
May 23, 2006
NORCAL
www.cardomain.com
UkiSash;934677 said:
no no no no... no camera in steering hand. Get the wife to go with you .. OR i got another crazy idea. start the recording and put the camera in the passenger set right between the head rest and the back support. It works like a charm in the max, never tried in the supra.

Never thought of that.

Titus

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
UkiSash;934677 said:
no no no no... no camera in steering hand. Get the wife to go with you .. OR i got another crazy idea. start the recording and put the camera in the passenger set right between the head rest and the back support. It works like a charm in the max, never tried in the supra.

She hates the Supra and will not ride in it............until her Chevy lets her down! The seat idea is gonna def get a try before I hold it in the steering hand.

gtsfirefighter;934848 said:
Well Happy Anniversary.

So you've only been married for 13 years? You have kids from a previous marriage?

Good Luck with the car. Can't wait to see a video.

Yes, we both had one before this marriage, and now we have 2 of our own. So, it's 18, 17, 11, 6.........and yes it's a your's mine, and ours thing. They are all great kids by todays standards, or any generation for that matter.

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
scott, hope you get things figured out, you can also make a tester with an aluminum can that is about 3 inches in diameter and put a tire valve stem in the end of it. then pull the afm and put the can there, tighten it down and use air at about 6-10 psi and listen for leaks. but make sure the compressor is not running to you can actually hear leaks.
check the pipe connected to the turbo

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I made a video of the car running today, but my cross picture and driving video didn't happen. The church had too many people at it, so I'll have to wait until the weekend for that one. I tried to make a driving video as well, but failed o that one due to my own stupidity. My camera fits the headrest really well, but I waited until the camera had turned itself off before I hit the start button for my video. When I got back home, I had nothing, and I had to get ready for an interview with O'Reilley's distribution center.

I also called Toyota and ordered a new Oil Pressure sending unit ($56), a BVSV ($66.73), and a new CPS Cover and Gasket ($7). The bad vacuum at the BVSV may be causing some of the problems that I have.

Enough talk, on with the video:

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Other than idling a little high it sounds really good!

What's this about an interview? Are you looking at changing jobs or did I miss an inside joke somewhere?

Oh, go back an edit with a "direct link" from photobuck and it will take care of that extra picture on there.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I would love to change jobs, but opportunities are slim around here. I have kept it kinda quiet, but it is a warehouse supervisor position at O'Reilley's 200,000 sq. ft distribution Center. The interview went well, but I was told I would know something (or not) within about a week. I have already taken tests for them, and passed into the interview process, but we'll see.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
ForcedTorque;936285 said:
But not even one happy dance?? Maybe it's because it's a new page, and you didn't see what I posted for you?

I did see, but alas(!) I am at work, without speakers :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Scott, what exactly is the problem with it? I have to order a new TPS for Vonda's tomorrow and hope that it fixes the problem it's having. It cost $70.00 so if it isn't one thing it's three.

Good luck with the new job interview. Give me their number and I'll call and put in a good word for you. I'm sure my opinion has to account for something somewhere. I keep searching and haven't found anywhere that it does, so it must be at O'Reily's headquarters that I'm respected and loved...............:biglaugh:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
suprahero;936395 said:
Scott, what exactly is the problem with it?

It is driving like a decent N/A car. It acts like a boost leak. It will boost to about 6 pounds, although it doesn't feel like turbo boost when it does. Then, at about 4000 RPM, it is like pulling teeth to get it to go higher. The car revs fine while not in gear. I built a boost leak detector today, and that didn't fix anything. I heard nothing that sounded like air escaping, but I did hear a popping type sound near the intercooler on the pipe coming from the turbo. I tightened all clamps a little more than before, and I never heard that popping again. I'm not sure if that popping was anything anyway, as our wind is much like you had today Jay. The car did drive a little better after the tightening, but symptoms were still about the same. I'm hoping that the vacuum leak created by the broken BVSV is causing those problem, as well as the car getting extremely bad gas milage.

suprarcr89;936365 said:
engine sounds great... when are you planning to get it tuned again...

Not this Saturday, but the next if I take it back to that guy. But, unless I can get the boost problem figured out, I'm not gonna waste my time. The guy did not seem very interested in doing any type of mechanicing, so I don't want to waste my time with him if it isn't running any better than it is now. And, if I get it running better on my own, I will probably let my buddy Bill who helped me with the timing help me with tuning on the road. Then once it has a good tune, I could just go dyno the thing and save a bunch of money.

suprahero;936395 said:
Good luck with the new job interview. Give me their number and I'll call and put in a good word for you. I'm sure my opinion has to account for something somewhere. I keep searching and haven't found anywhere that it does, so it must be at O'Reily's headquarters that I'm respected and loved...............:biglaugh:

I did tell them that I drove a MKIII Supra, and their reply was..............Do you know Suprahero? Without him this place would be closed. I think they were somewhat impressed by the fact that I knew you.

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
ForcedTorque;936416 said:
I did tell them that I drove a MKIII Supra, and their reply was..............Do you know Suprahero? Without him this place would be closed. I think they were somewhat impressed by the fact that I knew you.

I'm pretty sure I can give O'Reily's a 1099 next year.

Dave, nobody fears you. You might start out killing someone, but then you'd get sidetracked and forget what the hell you'd started............:biglaugh: