ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived!!!!!

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Give it to me... I will fix it... And uh, keep it... :D:D:D

Did you knock the alternator wire loose or forget to plug up another vacuum line?

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Good News!

I went home at lunch today (10 minutes), and fixed the car, somewhat. I took it off the charger, and tried to start it with a full charge, but it wouldn't even do like it did last night. No start at all. So, I pulled the tach wire loose from the NEO, and it started right up. This tells me that it's just a setting in the NEO. I'll be able to get it to the shop tomorrow morning for tuning, even if I can't figure out tonight.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
ForcedTorque;931294 said:
Good News!

I went home at lunch today (10 minutes), and fixed the car, somewhat. I took it off the charger, and tried to start it with a full charge, but it wouldn't even do like it did last night. No start at all. So, I pulled the tach wire loose from the NEO, and it started right up. This tells me that it's just a setting in the NEO. I'll be able to get it to the shop tomorrow morning for tuning, even if I can't figure out tonight.

That is good news. Can't wait to get an update tomorrow evening on how it really runs after tuning.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I drove the car around the block tonight to see how it ran with the new clamps I put on the accordian yesterday. It is not perfect, but it is much improved. I actually burned a little rubber for the first time.

Then after I ate dinner, I swapped my speedometer cable, and tore apart my instrument panel and changed my oil pressure gauge. The speedometer cable was not as hard as I imagined, but changing with the motor in the car is rather challenging, especially in the dark. Hopefully tomorrow when I drive the car, the speedo and oil pressure will work.

UkiSash

no mor sup :(
Jul 12, 2005
Weth CT
ForcedTorque;931846 said:
I drove the car around the block tonight to see how it ran with the new clamps I put on the accordian yesterday. It is not perfect, but it is much improved. I actually burned a little rubber for the first time.

Then after I ate dinner, I swapped my speedometer cable, and tore apart my instrument panel and changed my oil pressure gauge. The speedometer cable was not as hard as I imagined, but changing with the motor in the car is rather challenging, especially in the dark. Hopefully tomorrow when I drive the car, the speedo and oil pressure will work.

Scott dang it.... i want video !!!!!! :cry: :icon_evil:icon_evil

and yeah that speedo wire is a PITA to put on when everything is in.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Is it tuned yet or is it getting tuned today? How is it looking for the Texas meet? Enquireing minds want to know.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I have news............But not too much of it is good. I'm really not too happy with the events of today. I was on the dyno for 1 1/2 hours, and was not able to accomplish much at all. We did get my Neo tach working. But, my timing was 180 degrees out, and this would not allow the NEO to make any adjustments even after the tach worked. We went from -50 to +50, and you couldn't hear a bit of difference in the the tone of the motor. He was not familiar with how to time it, so he told me he'd rather I get it fixed, and try again in 2 weeks.

I left there, and called Bill (blksupratt), and asked if he would help. We got it timed to 15BTDC, and adjusted my idle, so that I can use my left foot for clutch only now. We also got my boost controller hooked up. We took it for a ride, and it still hits a wall at about 6lbs of boost no matter what we do. The car drives so much better now, but is not a fun car at all yet. I did do one pull on the dyno, and I will NOT post the number. Bill was SO rude, he said a stock Del Sol had more power than that. But damnit, we only got it to 4000 rpm, and it was very slow to gain any more from there. It really seems like a boost leak to me.

Bill did Finally take me for a ride in his car, and I can sum that up with just one word...............INSANE. His car is so traction impaired. It was a very fun ride!

suprarcr89

The Juggernaut has my old
sorry to hear that I was hoping for good news also but hey things happen..... sounds like you have a boost leak somewhere.... with you hitting a wall at 6psi mine was doing it at 11 I tossed it off as being regular fuel cut then it got worse and started doing it at 8 come to find out I had a pretty good boost leak now im hitting around 12psi with no problems... do you have a boost leak tester... It would have took forever to find my leaks without the boost leak tester...

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
gtsfirefighter;932504 said:
Stock Del Sol:3d_frown: That was a brutal comment.

That's when I told him that I WAS gonna pay him for the help, but since he was such a Good friend, I'd just say thank you. LOL

suprarcr89;932518 said:
sorry to hear that I was hoping for good news also but hey things happen..... sounds like you have a boost leak somewhere.... with you hitting a wall at 6psi mine was doing it at 11 I tossed it off as being regular fuel cut then it got worse and started doing it at 8 come to find out I had a pretty good boost leak now im hitting around 12psi with no problems... do you have a boost leak tester... It would have took forever to find my leaks without the boost leak tester...

I really think it is a boost leak, but I can't figure out where to look. I have a full aluminum IC piping set with T-bolt clamps from driftmotion. I do not have a leak tester, and am not sure how you would make one (time to search). I need to also look for vacuum lines off as well. But, even after the boost controller got finished up, it made no difference boost wise, so something is holding 6 pounds tight, but not 7.

suprarcr89

The Juggernaut has my old
here you go same kind antman made that I use works excellant... put it on the turbo and tighten clamp and you can test entire system...plus cheap to make

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19718&highlight=boost+leak+tester

oh yeah also you need to unhook the pvc connection at the throttle body and cap the throttle body port off. while doing the test..... if not you will get air pushing through the crankcase....

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I made a boost leak tester Scott, and they are very simple to make. I didn't click the link posted, but I bought a rubber coupling and installed a pvc cap in it to block it off and drilled a 1/4 inch hole and installed a copper hose fitting that fits my air hose. It took maybe five minutes to do. Good luck.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
So, I'm just checking in, before I go out with the most beautiful girl in the world, whom I have been married to for 13 full years as of today. Now that timing is correct, I'm thinking I should get you people at least a running video by tomorrow, and maybe even a driving video , if I can figure out how to work the camera, shifter, and steering wheel all at one time. I think I can do it with the camera in the steering wheel hand, if I just go straight. Stay tuned for videos tomorrow. I may also take the cross picture that I promised a week ago. I'm off tomorrow, so I should also get a chance to build a boost leak detector too, if my kids don't get in the way too much.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Bring your wife with you on the drive, and she can hold the camera?

Now get off SM and go have a lovely evening with your missus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(That's an order! ;))

UkiSash

no mor sup :(
Jul 12, 2005
Weth CT
no no no no... no camera in steering hand. Get the wife to go with you .. OR i got another crazy idea. start the recording and put the camera in the passenger set right between the head rest and the back support. It works like a charm in the max, never tried in the supra.