ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived!!!!!

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
ForcedTorque;924670 said:
I have a paint question as long as we are on that subject. Is there any difference between the years on the 3E5's?

That door that Pbasil1 posted in Jay's thread looks a little brighter than my Red. Is there a difference in the paint, or was that just an illusion created by lighting and camera?

I was just gonna post 3 cars and its just the lighting Scott. Well here you go
p924681_1.jpg

p924681_2.jpg

can't forget my baby.
p924681_3.jpg

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Aren't we all Dave! I know you gotta be getting tired of all the hassle you are getting about finishing yours. I really want to see this manifold come together, that really interests me. How much more do you have to do after that is complete.

My car just needs a Tach signal back into my NEO, so that I can get it tuned. Then I have to have paint.....and a brake caliper. I was gonna do the caliper today, but it's raining it's ass off here today. TV has been switched to nothing but weather coverage for hours.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
As far as I know Matt still has his car, he just got banned over like $5 or something??? I am a huge fan of mattjk's engine bay. I actually have had it as my screen saver for some time. As far as painting your car a different color goes to do it right it needs to basicly come down to the shell the way mine is right now. I am changing the color of my car slightly so that is why it is apart as far as it is. Honestly, unless you can paint the car yourself its just not worth the money to do it. Besides you have a freshly painted 3e5 bay, why would you go any other color??? I make fun of my favorite 3E5 members, but honestly 3E5 is one of my favorite colors right after Blue, White, Silver, Black, Green, Gray, Yellow, Orange, Purple, Pink, Brown, and really every other color under the sun.:sarcasm::biglaugh:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
From the members list:

mattjk
Permanent Ban

I have always loved his car as well. We had talked via PM about one day meeting up, as he once lived in my area and still has family here. It would be a shame if it was just a $5 thing that got him banned, but we should all try our best to COMPLTE all transactions on here, as we agreed on them.

I really thought I read that he had sold the car though. I'll have to do some searching.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
noah89t;926285 said:
paint it whatever you want.

It will definitely be 3E5 Red!

:thumbup::word8kn::icon_lol:::w00t::::w00t:::joshers::joshers::drink1::bigthumb::D:x::bling::biggrinbo:biggrinbo:biggrinki:biglaugh:

Well, I just got home, and went straight to my car and ran a jumper wire from the black wire at my igniter, straight to the NEO. It was successful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This tells me that I have a wiring harnes problem. First, I am going to cut of a short section of wiring from both the NEO and the harness, to get rid of the part where it was once soddered fully. If that doesn't work, I will take the time to run a wire thru the firewall, and hide it as best as I can, and just use a replacement wire without tearing into my harness. Either way, I will be getting tuned as soon as I can nail down the tuner. He works a shiftwork job, so I'm not sure if he will be able to do it this weekend or next.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
noah89t;926329 said:
was that part of the rough idling that you were having? i don't think the neo affects fuel at idle, does it?

I believe the idle is a timing issue. It idles enough to get it to the tuning, and I'll let him help me with that. I followed the TSRM as best as I could, but I don't have a timing light. I noticed my fuel pressure was up a little higher than I remember setting it. Maybe that has a little to do with it, but I think it is mainly timing.

I also have an issue with my BVSV, that could be affecting it. I thought I swapped it out before installing the motor, but I must have broken a post on the install. It's the one coming from the charcoal cannister. Annybody got a spare?

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
buckshotglass;927085 said:
It was a stupid song reference, I'm no hater.:) You probably aren't old enough to remember that song.:sarcasm:

Scott, keep up the good work. What I have left to do is too much to list just yet.

Dave, I'm to old to remember most lyrics to songs. "I see a red door and I want it painted black
No colors anymore I want them to turn black" Okay so I'm a stones fan.
jk about the hater I was having fun w/the colors.:biglaugh:

Back on track so tunning this weekend Scott?

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
ForcedTorque;926581 said:
If I didn't need it, what would I do with the vacuum coming off of the charcoal cannister. I was reading last night that it might not be such a good idea to remove the cannister.

get rid of it and either put a fuel line from the hard line down low to drain under the motor or vent your gas cap and cap off the hard line.