ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived!!!!!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I pulled my throttle body back apart today to see what I could do with it. After looking at a spare manifold I have, I realized that it had a part of a paper gasket similar to the one I had in there to start with, rather than the metal one I bought from O'Reilley's. That caused me to look harder at the one that fell apart when I took it out to start with. That's when I noticed that the metal one I had was not the same, leading me to believe it may be an N/A. I went back and bought another gasket, that was paper this time, and factory marked 7MGTE, but the hole in the center was very small. It looked like it would cover at the top where the metal one didn't, so I took it. After trimming out the hole to size, I now have a good seal at the throttle body. I didn't do much more with the car today, but I did get my driver's side dash put back together and dead pedal installed. After that I played with the NEO values a bit, to smooth the idle even more. Then I became a family man (taxi driver) for the rest of the daylight.

Tomorrow, I'll be swapping the oil pressure sender, and then concentrating on that damn NEO Tach signal. That's all I have left to do before I can get it tuned. I'm SOOO close I can taste it.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I got my oil sender swapped out today. It now works, but is not working perfectly. It will shoot up to 120LBS at start up, then settle back down to about what I would expect to be normal.......just barely under 20LBS at idle, and up around 40 in 2nd gear. But, then it will deide to drop to about a pound or two while driving. I can't help but think it is not working correctly. I'll give it a little while to get broken in, but I believe I will be buying a new one. The one I put on it was used.

Then I put front brake pads on the car. They now work much better, but I believe I need a caliper. It appeared to be leaking when I took it off. I'm going to keep an eye on that, and may be breaking that one open again. They are super easy to work on.

I tried resetting my NEO today to see if that would affect the Tach there, but had no luck. I fel like I made great progress today, but to read it, it doesn't really seem like it.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I dropped the car off at the body shop this morning to have my G-Spec Bumper installed. I'd rather him cut holes in it than me. I also threw my Bomex sides and rears in the car to see if I could talk him into stickig them on while he had it, but he talked me out of it. Something about me paying for it now, then paying again when I paint the car to have them taken off, then moulded back on. Anyway, I had to take my daughter to the dentist this afternoon, and I swung by there to see what he was doing with it. The car was still sitting right where I parked it. I knew when he said 1 day that I couldn't count on that. He still owes me my bumper put back on after me took it off for the engine bay paint, so he's doing it for free. I can't complain about a day or two.

I thought it was cool, that on my way there we had side by side MKIII's, as I passed Jim's wife on the way.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Two MKIII's passing each other on the highway in Alabama........it never happened.

Scott, tell the painter that you have friends with power tools and he should really think hard about keeping your car longer than promised. I can make it where his nickname will be stubby..............:evil2:

Kristel, I know your last post was directed at me, but I'm trying to get as much done as I can. I love the boobies and you don't get boobies without progress.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'm pretty sure Scott just got toasted, but I'm not sure. I do know that his new turbo is going to be better than the old one though, so he may have a little sumtin sumtin for you on the way to Texas..........:evil2:

UkiSash

no mor sup :(
Jul 12, 2005
Weth CT
noah89t;919463 said:
i know, don't take it personally, it was directed at those 1j guys,......oh wait:biglaugh:

:icon_evil well you sir enjoy your tq while we will enjoy the lack of hg troubles :sarcasm:

suprarcr89

The Juggernaut has my old
UkiSash;919538 said:
:icon_evil well you sir enjoy your tq while we will enjoy the lack of hg troubles :sarcasm:

you know we can solve our hg issues with metal headgasket, proper surfacing on head and block w/proper torque with arp's... but what can you do about lack of torque:sarcasm: :icon_wink

seriously though If I ditch the 7m it will only be for a 2jz...