ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived!!!!!

suprarcr89

The Juggernaut has my old
tookwik4u89 said:
Ahhhhhh, now we're getting somewhere, glad to see you starting to drive it.....you bastards and your southern weather!

thats the main reason I cant live in the north I couldnt stand putting up a car i enjoy to drive so much for the winter....

I got my supra out tonight to go over friends house and have drove it quite a bit this week when it wasnt raining.... :icon_razz

forcedtorque.... love the engine bay....glad to see the car coming along..... :biglaugh:

-Ken

UkiSash

no mor sup :(
Jul 12, 2005
Weth CT
ehh my Supra will have to be out this winter... If the maxima isnt garaged and small ticks arent fixed she is going to take a huge dump on me somewhere where i need her most... so supra will get fixed to be a DD than maxima than the supra will be getting a build thread !!!! :)

Scott you know they say pictures are worth a thousand words.... how bout a video.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I made it to work and back yesterday with no car issues at all. I say no car issues anyway...........I still haven't replaced my windshield wipers, and bypassed my heat (so no defrost), and it was foggy as hell. I have no idea how I got there, but I did. I waited for the fog to burn off before I took my picture, but Jim got one even before that. He must have been off work and going fishing arount 9 O'clock. I kinda like the FOG shot. Body man said two weeks before he can do my front bumper.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/n2fishin69/2151373861/

UkiSash

no mor sup :(
Jul 12, 2005
Weth CT
ForcedTorque said:
I made it to work and back yesterday with no car issues at all. I say no car issues anyway...........I still haven't replaced my windshield wipers, and bypassed my heat (so no defrost), and it was foggy as hell. I have no idea how I got there, but I did. I waited for the fog to burn off before I took my picture, but Jim got one even before that. He must have been off work and going fishing arount 9 O'clock. I kinda like the FOG shot. Body man said two weeks before he can do my front bumper.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/n2fishin69/2151373861/

Note that Scott specifically didn't post the picture but the picture url so that people don't see that it doesn't actually look like the sig ;)

your a sneaky one there dude, but i remember when my old car used to be in that condition, bumper off driving it here and there just to finish it. I could say it was the greatest time ive had with that car, actually see it come together its *starts sobbing* beautiful.

Now how bout that video !!!!:icon_evil

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Scott, have you got to boost yet? Just curious as to how it works on your car. Vonda had that turbo on hers both times she outran me, uh, I mean when she cheated and barely beat me.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
suprahero said:
Scott, have you got to boost yet? Just curious as to how it works on your car. Vonda had that turbo on hers both times she outran me, uh, I mean when she cheated and barely beat me.

I was going to ask the same thing. Was wondering if you were babying it hard core or maybe just "got on it" a little.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Actually, there are two reasons I haven't boosted much at all. First, my Walbro is still not yet installed, so I'm scared to really get on it much. I tried to easily launch the car once at about half throttle basically just to check out the clutch. It did a little bit of sputtering at me, so I decided I would leave it alone until I get the car tuned. The clutch felt good, but the car is still VERY low on power. I did get to hear my low off valve that one time. It's been so long since I have heard that, that I got wood quicker than a naked Eva Mendez would.

87supradude

living a country song
Jan 19, 2007
Salem, OR
You have come a LONG way man! Its an awsome thing to see how far this car has come. Get that freakin' Walbro in so we can get a vid of this thing in action. Im having supra withdrawal, help me out here! :runaway:

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
p870466_1.jpg

K thats all!!!

Great job Scott!!!:icon_bigg

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Thanks Ryan..............but that picture is gonna show more progress once I get paint. The car doesn't look that bad in that picture, but many of the parts seen in that picture have been removed for pieces in better shape. Most of them would have worked fine if I didn't want a super nice car when I get through. Take for example, the driver's headlight cover. That one is fine, except it needs a little surface rust repair on the edge towards the hood. My grey one was better, so I swapped it. That front bumper is fine, except it is cracked on the part where many people cut it out to show off the intercooler. I chose to upgrade to the Shine bumper that shows it off anyway.

Here's the picture I took Monday when I drove it to work, after the fog had burned off.

p870669_1.jpg

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
It rides really good! I don't have my power steering hooked up, because I need a hardline on the rack, and I refuse to put the resevoir in the stock location. But, it drives like it has power steering, and the new struts make it ride really good. But, I do have the clicking of a bad speedo cable, and the constant drag of bad brakes. Due to the need for brakes, and lack of defrost, I didn't drive it back to work again today.

It's (the air not me) going to get into the Teens tonight, so lack of heat will keep it home probably until I get the Walbro in, and the brakes fixed. Those two weeks waiting to get the bumper on will be busy. But, I know it runs, so any day, I could decide to just drive it. I just want it tuned so I ca DRIVE it when I drive it. So Walbro is Saturday!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
LilMissMkIII said:
Yay for driving and thread updates!!!! :boobies:

Kristel, Can I borrow a shoulder to cry on??????????

It's already been one hell of a day! I had planned on installing my Walbro today, but for some reason I can't even find the damn thing. Then, while trying to search for it, I got sidetracked by my son wanting to restack the bunk beds in my two son's room but, we had to fix one bed in the process. Then, while my older son was going outside to get me some nails, he was asked to move the wife's Trailblazer. He promptly backed it into a damn tree, destroying the bumper and tail light. It will also need some body work around the tail light area. I doubt it will be over $1000 worth of damage, but I'm about to go get an estimate or two. My insurance is $1000 deductible, so this will definitely be delaying my paint job.

As for the Walbro, I don't know if I hid it from me, or if it could have possibly been stolen. It was outside under my carport, but nothing else looks messed with or missing.

Last edited:

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Damn, I'm so sorry to hear that!!!!!!! :( :( :(

Hopefully you did just hide it from yourself, and it will turn up somewhere in the next few days!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
GOOD NEWS! I did find the pump ::dunce::

Not only is the old saying "in the last place I looked" wrong, but it actually was in the FIRST place I looked! The box it was in had several extra silicon couplers in it, and I just didn't look far enough into the box. It wasn't until the third time that I had looked into the larger box that the small box was in that I found it. I kept going back to that box because there have always been parts in that big box that I needed for the build.

I do feel like I owe some of the local guys an apology for even thinking it might have been stolen. I want you guys to know that I never once thought that it was stolen by any of the local SM members. I sort of suspected a guy who had come here recently, but it was none of you guys. I should have made that clear earlier. Sorry!

I am going to try again tomorrow to get that thing installed.