Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
UkiSash said:
p859799_1.jpg

thats clean as hell!!!!

apart from the corroded thermostat housing, ABS, and the fans :D

EDIT: and rusted radiator mounts !!!! :( lol

SHhhhhhhhhhh.................You are spilling some of the future Jdub plans. The fan will be cleaned whenever I stop putting greasy hands in there, and a brand new fan shroud will be going on it, or whatever radiator I end up with.

ForcedTorque said:
I'm gonna try again tonight to do a little more on my springs, and have that finished before I get my time off.

UPDATE********1 more spring out of the way. Only one more remains and it should be knocked out tomorrow night. Now I have a front and rear on on the driver's side, and I believe I am going to like the stance of 4 rear struts. As of now, I have about 1 to 1 1/2 inces of lift over the cut spring on the other side. I won't know for sure until a couple days after that last one goes on, but it looks like it will keep pretty close to the same stance as it had on the cut springs, just at a little safer heighth. I like the front slightly lower than the back, and it seems that it will stay that way.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Scott, if you've got three of the four springs finished, then that should be fine. It's not like it's running on two stock springs............you've got three of them replaced. Are you tring to replace all four of them and make the rest of us look bad? You sir are four the loose..................:rolleyes:

UkiSash

no mor sup :(
Jul 12, 2005
Weth CT
ForcedTorque said:
I know Jay, I should have finished it all tonight. But I have to stay quiet for the old folks........including myself.

You are forgiven... (although i worked on mine till the wee hours in the morning on my first supra) But seeing as its very difficult to do, and old age ahem, and 1 is better than none :sarcasm:

you know when i first subscribed to this thread i tired reading everything from post one.. It was too difficult. :( i gave up and looked at pretty pictures.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Well Noah, I was just noticing that I just keep knocking off projects that I once was scared of. It's embarrasing to admit that, but it makes me proud as well. I have been counting on your help on my Walbro and 12V mod. I want the help, but I also want the experience too. But, I want it right the first time when fooling with the tak, so the help would be welcome. The problem right now, is I don't know when I'm gonna be able to tackle that project. It will be very soon though, I'll call you.

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
tackling the projects is just in your mind as far a difficulty. that's cool that you are getting them done. george never pulled or installed the struts and springs on his car and in two weekends we pulled suspension off three supras and installed on two. on the third one he wanted to tackle it himself while i watched.
i never pulled a subframe from a mkiii, but tuesday i pulled the rear one in about half an hour.

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
noah89t said:
tackling the projects is just in your mind as far a difficulty. that's cool that you are getting them done. george never pulled or installed the struts and springs on his car and in two weekends we pulled suspension off three supras and installed on two. on the third one he wanted to tackle it himself while i watched.
i never pulled a subframe from a mkiii, but tuesday i pulled the rear one in about half an hour.

:boink:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I have really really poor neighbors that depend on my supra for groceries and drugs. I pay them to help me or I pay them to do it for me, either way, they come up here wanting money and instead of giving it to them, I make them work on the supra. Changing my plugs is so easy on a 1j and I could do it in about fifteen minutes, but I would rather pay Ricky or Tim ten dollars and have them do it. They do mechanicing for a living and there's nothing they don't know how to do so it helps me out also.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I've got good news, and I've got BAD news.

Today, I finished up swapping my springs. This last one was the easiest one on the car, and ironically the one I was scared of most. I guess a little experience paid off on that one.

After getting that finished, I set out to at least find my coolant leak. I started by refilling the radiator, then squezzed the upper radiator hose to provide a little movement. Right away I found that I was leaking from the water ling on the turbo. I replaced that hose with a good piece of extra fuel line hose for extra protection. I repeated the hose squeeze to see if it was for sure fixed. That's when I found another leak. It was the hose on the driver's side of the motor running into the fire wall. I tried and tried to fix that hose with nothing helping. I pulled the hose off to find that the copper/brass line was split pretty nastily. It is my belief that I will be pulling the dash apart to fix that. THIS CAR HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE!

Here's a picture of the good. I kinda like my new stance, but it's a little hard getting used to it not being on the ground. Here it is...........4 rear struts for the world to see. I took the picture a little dark, and the lightening has bleached my faded red paint to worse than it already is, and I should have closed the hood.

p862718_1.jpg

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
ForcedTorque said:
Damn Ken.......You remind me of an Olympic hurdler! It doesn't matter what these cars throw at you, you stay focused. I wish I could help you.

The above quote is from my build thread. It goes both ways. I'm now passing the baton back to you for now. I'll catch you on the next lap.

n2fishin69

Work-a-holic
Jan 25, 2006
Way down South, in Dixie
Scott,
You will be pulling the dash out for that. If you need help let me know, I have become an expert at pulling dashboards out. You could also bypass the heatercore and worry about fixing it later.

Jim

ForcedTorque said:
I've got good news, and I've got BAD news.

Today, I finished up swapping my springs. This last one was the easiest one on the car, and ironically the one I was scared of most. I guess a little experience paid off on that one.

After getting that finished, I set out to at least find my coolant leak. I started by refilling the radiator, then squezzed the upper radiator hose to provide a little movement. Right away I found that I was leaking from the water ling on the turbo. I replaced that hose with a good piece of extra fuel line hose for extra protection. I repeated the hose squeeze to see if it was for sure fixed. That's when I found another leak. It was the hose on the driver's side of the motor running into the fire wall. I tried and tried to fix that hose with nothing helping. I pulled the hose off to find that the copper/brass line was split pretty nastily. It is my belief that I will be pulling the dash apart to fix that. THIS CAR HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE!

Here's a picture of the good. I kinda like my new stance, but it's a little hard getting used to it not being on the ground. Here it is...........4 rear struts for the world to see. I took the picture a little dark, and the lightening has bleached my faded red paint to worse than it already is, and I should have closed the hood.

p863103_1.jpg