ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived!!!!!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
n2fishin69 said:
Scott,
You will be pulling the dash out for that. If you need help let me know, I have become an expert at pulling dashboards out. You could also bypass the heatercore and worry about fixing it later.

Jim
Jim,

The dash doesn't scare me a bit, I've done several now, including this one. What I don't ever like doing is taking apart all the white parts(Heater core, Blower Motor, and that other one that I don't know what it is). That one I don't know carries the line that I need, and I know I have one in my shed, but couldn't find it yesterday, because of all of the boxes i have saved in there, and time was short.

A note about the springs..................

After a long day shopping yesterday, I went out for a pizza and stopped to pick up some 2 liter drinks. When I got out of the truck, I tried to leave a 2 liter on the hood of the car, so I could open the door of the house. It would NOT stand up, due to the drop of the front end! I thought that was so cool!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
The new stance is really growing on me Ken, just taking some getting used to.

I'm SO EXCITED!!! I just now got a chance to go outside and do a better search for the needed water pipe. I found it, and it will be a very easy job. I may have to pull the dash, and I may not. The section of pipe that I need come off real easy. With the lower part of my dash still off, I could see a good bit of it in a quick glance. I don't know if I will be able to get a screw driver to all the angles I need to get to without pulling the dash, but it could be possible. I'll know with a couple of days. I'm not gonna have time tonight for sure, and not sure about tomorrow, but I will get it done very soon.

Here's a few pics of what has to be done.

The part that I can't identify with the part to be removed loosened by about 5 screws.
p863475_1.jpg

The clip seen in the middle here must come off, but pulls off by hand, no tools.

p863475_2.jpg

Then you just pull out the pipe. This all took me 10 mins to figure out.
p863475_3.jpg

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I'm not getting too excited yet tho. You have to get to screws on both sides of that thing. And then you have to raise the whole assenbly in there. I hope I don't have to brake the hose off the othere side in the bay to get it to move. This could prove to be more complicated that I think. But there is room for a lot of optimism.

I sit in mine too sometimes Ken. It's fun to turn on the key and watch the NEO go thru it's start up with all it's colors.

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
Scott good luck and hang in there. I have been in your spot as far as trying to get my car done and every time I turn around hitting a brick wall. It doesnt seem like it now, but it will all be worth it when your are driving that beast down the road. And the pride you have in that car from doing this stuff yourself will make you feel all WOOOOZY inside!:naughty:

My car has been done for months and just last weekend had to drop the front subframe down to reseal the oil pan cause it was leaking. That was not too fun.

Oh yeah and Merry Christmas everyone!!!

UkiSash

no mor sup :(
Jul 12, 2005
Weth CT
yeah the front subframe is a bitch both my cars had the damn thing off.

Marry Xmass to everyone and congrats on the progress :D

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Worked on the car a good bit today.

1. Started by pulling the dash to work on that leaking line. I'm just going to bypass that bitch, I don't have A/C anyway.

2. Said "F" that, but used the dash out opportunity to work on some other needs.

3. Installed my Turbo timer completely. Works fine.

4. Installed all wiring on my Greddy Profec Boost Controller. Also mounted the modulator in the bay, but still have to run my vaccuum lines.

5. Removed all wiring from that old aftermarket alarm system, and got everything all cleaned up and any short cut pieces covered after the removal of those.

6. Found the wiring in the ignition that had been cut, I believe the reason why I had to run the remote start. I fixed that, but still get nothing from the harness wiring.

7. Re-installed the dash

Damn, I've never accomplished that much in a day for quite sometime now. I timed myself on Dash removal this time. I know I can do better than 20 minutes, but that's not too bad.

UkiSash

no mor sup :(
Jul 12, 2005
Weth CT
ForcedTorque said:
Worked on the car a good bit today.

1. Started by pulling the dash to work on that leaking line. I'm just going to bypass that bitch, I don't have A/C anyway.

2. Said "F" that, but used the dash out opportunity to work on some other needs.

3. Installed my Turbo timer completely. Works fine.

4. Installed all wiring on my Greddy Profec Boost Controller. Also mounted the modulator in the bay, but still have to run my vaccuum lines.

5. Removed all wiring from that old aftermarket alarm system, and got everything all cleaned up and any short cut pieces covered after the removal of those.

6. Found the wiring in the ignition that had been cut, I believe the reason why I had to run the remote start. I fixed that, but still get nothing from the harness wiring.

7. Re-installed the dash

Damn, I've never accomplished that much in a day for quite sometime now. I timed myself on Dash removal this time. I know I can do better than 20 minutes, but that's not too bad.

:nono: :nono: :nono: I dont believe you, photographic evidence is needed!!!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
OK......OK........I've got a couple of pictures. They aren't of the greatest quality, but they show the work done. I still have no radio, so there is a big void in the picture, but it will fill in eventually.

p867195_1.jpg

And, I have a couple of questions concerning the NEO in this picture. It has a numeric tach reading, and it works........but the tach picture it shows does not register at all. Do you guys know if it is supposed to show a reading as well? I think it should. And, my volt meter does not read acurately. It shows 11.3 Volts, while my Multimeter shows 12.07. Can I calibrate it somehow. Soon I will look into the manual on this thing!

p867195_2.jpg

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
It's good News bad news day!

I have my coolant leaks fixed, and my brakes bled, and did a little bit more driving today. I drove it as far as my work and back today to be sure that I'm driving it there tomorrow. Bad News is, now I have a few more little bugs to work out. My brakes actually work........but they suck pretty bad. I will have to do some more work there. My speedometer cables is broken. And, my tack and water temp gauges are not working anymore. Water temp never did work, and tack would work, but was weird on the NEO before. It used to give me a digital reading, but no reading on the picture gauge. I have to check out the wiring connection on that.

I am driving it to work tomorrow, with basically NO gauges. So you picture whores will get new pics tomorrow evening when I get home from work.

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
ForcedTorque said:
It's good News bad news day!

I have my coolant leaks fixed, and my brakes bled, and did a little bit more driving today. I drove it as far as my work and back today to be sure that I'm driving it there tomorrow. Bad News is, now I have a few more little bugs to work out. My brakes actually work........but they suck pretty bad. I will have to do some more work there. My speedometer cables is broken. And, my tack and water temp gauges are not working anymore. Water temp never did work, and tack would work, but was weird on the NEO before. It used to give me a digital reading, but no reading on the picture gauge. I have to check out the wiring connection on that.

I am driving it to work tomorrow, with basically NO gauges. So you picture whores will get new pics tomorrow evening when I get home from work.
Nice to hear you get to take your baby to work tomorrow Scott, Your engine bay looks great too.:biglaugh:

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
tookwik4u89 said:
Ahhhhhh, now we're getting somewhere, glad to see you starting to drive it.....you bastards and your southern weather!
Thats what i say too, it feaking cold here.:3d_frown:

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Glad to hear your driving it tomorrow Scott!!! I will cross my fingers and toes that you make it too and from. It is a Supra!!!:biglaugh:

And just so you understand why driving your car in Dec/Jan might piss some northern members off!!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Ryan, you seem to be the only driver there with sense enough to keep a good sliding distance from the car ahead of you. You better keep the Supra off of those type roads when it gets back going.

OH, and I do believe I will make it both To and From work. I made that trip today. The thing I failed to mention about the trip today, was that with the new stance, the exhaust did fine going over the railroad tracks and back. That's another small victory in this Supras early re-birth.