ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived!!!!!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
What I'm using in the front is the front springs, and the rear struts, so I shouldn't have any problem with mounting. The slight drop should come from the shorter lower portion of the strut.

And, no progress happened tonight at all. I took my eye off of the sausage on the grille for just a lil too long, and had a huge grille fire by the time I got back to it. So, I ended up running out and getting some chicken. By the time we ate, it was just after 8PM, and I don't run the power tools after 8, cause I have very old neighbors on both sides of me (in-laws on 1 side). Maybe tomorrow I can get at least one side done.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Agreed!!

As far as the bases go yes the rear strut base is bigger than the front. But they just pound off!!! Use the front strut base and spring on the rear strut and you should be golden. Yes the rear strut base sits about an inch lower on the strut. So if use use front bases and front springs on rear struts you should in theory lose about an inch up front and keep the same ride.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
For now Noah it's just gonna be stock springs and Monroe's. At least the cut springs will be gone, and the struts will be new. Coilovers are in the cars future, but that'll be a little ways down the road. I gotta spend some money on the family after I get this thing on the road and pretty. My next Supra expense after paint will be TX2K7.

UkiSash

no mor sup :(
Jul 12, 2005
Weth CT
ForcedTorque said:
Well I just have enough time to get it tuned, painted, and any bugs worked out before Texas.

how about satisfying us with some more pictures ? :evil2:

I need some inspiration to get my 3e5 going

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
UkiSash said:
how about satisfying us with some more pictures ? :evil2:

I need some inspiration to get my 3e5 going

Well, my sig is photoshopped all 3E5. Color is the only part that is PS'd. The car is currently 4 colors, but soon to be painted. I've had my engine bay sprayed already, and installed the motor without damaging the paint.

The bay went from this:

p858855_1.jpg

To this:

p858855_2.jpg

and eventually this:

p858855_3.jpg

The bay is far from finished, but will have to do for now. I need a fan shroud, and maybe an upgraded radiator. Then it's also gonna get some bling. I have quite a few parts sitting on the side to send out to Jdub for coating. It's gonna run good first, then look good eventually.

The car is soon to be painted to match the bay, and will receive molded in Bomex sides and rears as well as the Shine Auto Spec-G front Bumper. I also think that the rear sunshade looks really good on the 89+ cars.

Here is a picture of how the parted out shell looked when I bought it.

p858855_4.jpg

And here is how it looks now. All of the grey parts came from the grey 90 that I had that was totalled by a drunk pregnant woman. That car donated an entire interior, and several body parts as well as the full drivetrain to this car. This is the picture that was photoshopped to make it all one color.

p858855_5.jpg

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
OMG Hooray for pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies:

You have done such an incredible job! can't wait for the future updates!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
3E5 Motivation was requested .............

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k320/tookwik4u89/IMG_1619.jpg

I'm hoping my car looks somewhat like Ken's, but not like a copy. He has done a few things I won't be doing, and I honestly didn't know that he used Bomex sides until after I bought mine. I knew he had some sort of sideskirts. I kinda think his car sits a little too low from that picture angle

And Noah........Mike put 4 sawblades on the car before bringing it to Alabama for me. It had 1 blade, 2 MKIV's and the RX-7 when he took that pic.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
George, shiney engine bay's suck!!!!

Scott, where is your powersteering reservoir?

The engine bay is looking hottt................:love:

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
So you are off until the first of the year???

Now that I'm no longer sulking over my daily driver, I might find the motivation to get busy with mine again. The progress you've made here helps. I too want to have mine road worthy for the big Texas meet.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
suprahero said:
Scott, where is your powersteering reservoir?

The engine bay is looking hottt................:love:

Jay, that engine pic was taken a little before it's current state. If you look close, how many flaws can you find. There are quite a few! Honestly, the power stering is still on the to do list, but the resevoir will definitely be relocated. I hate the stock location for it. The car steered fine without it the other night, but I suspect it would not last long without fluid.

Ken.....I'm not off yet, but will be off until the 3rd after this Friday. I won't be able to spend as much time as I wanted on the car though as I thought. I'm going to be spending a few days of it in North Carolina for my Aunt's 80th B'day. Between Christmas and it's preparation, N.C, and New Years, I doubt I'm gonna have huge amouts of mechanicing time. I'm gonna try again tonight to do a little more on my springs, and have that finished before I get my time off.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
This is a bad time of year for Supras anyway. Dag gum holidays and family keep getting in the way.

I could have my old na out and gte put in within a day if I had the right help. My best friend knows nothing about cars and he's just free labor.

You have a light at the end of your tunnel! Good job.