ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived!!!!!

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Congrats on the driving Scott!!! Got to go with lame for the lack of proof.:biglaugh:

Pictures please!!!:icon_bigg

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
OK, here's a pic to back up some of my claims. Please note that it is now back in it's original location, not turned around as in the last picture. And if you haven't figured it out yet, my front bumper is not yet installed. I put it on for some photos, but I'm gonna let the body shop properly drill any ho;es it needs.

This is my 1970's style hot rod pic. New struts/springs in back, but still cut springs in the front. At least that lifted the exhaust enough to get out of the driveway.

p857661_1.jpg

Last edited:

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
ForcedTorque said:
Actually, only one of the two rears was cut.

Odd!!!

So the front = 1hour!! My guess is that you wont even need to compress the springs to get them off the strut since you are taking off cut springs and using rear shocks on the front. If this is true than you are looking at 45 min tops. So basicly what I am saying is you should be able to do that on your lunch break from work. :biglaugh:

Hop to it!!!:icon_bigg

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Noah he got the idea from me!! I had read somewhere that to get the front end of the MK3 lower on stock springs you can use rear struts up front. In theory I know it has to work but as far as overall stance and ride I am not sure how it will turn out. Using the rear struts is spose to give about a inch or so drop in the front. When Scott told me he was looking for a way to un 4x4 the front on stock springs I told him about the idea. Honestly I want Scott to finish up the front so I can see how it looks and drives.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Holy mis communication Gay Blue Man!

I thought you had done this personally before.

I've already got my struts/shocks (which is it?) installed into the stock springs off the parts car. So, all I have to do is swap out the two sets. I don't even have inner fenders in the car, so it should be a pretty quick thing whenever I get to it. Since Katrina, I hate working under lights, and it is dark when I get home this time of year. But, as tired as I am this evening I'm thinking I might attempt to knock one of them out tonight. I got some sausage on the grille as we speak, so maybe after that I'll feel up to it.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Scott trust me it should be fine!! I would have not sugested it if I thought you would have a problem.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I forgot when you said it was going to the painter Scott. Are you having it painted sometime soon?

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I'm gonna have him install my bumper, and possibly go ahead and paint the bumper and white hood. But, I'm probably going to the tuner before having the whole car done. My plans are to try to have my springs finished, Walbro installed, and tuning done before I go back to work after the first. Then hopefully soon after that I will get it into paint. This could depend on what my tuning costs, and how quickly I can recoup the paint fund money spent there.

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
da89soup said:
Noah he got the idea from me!! I had read somewhere that to get the front end of the MK3 lower on stock springs you can use rear struts up front. In theory I know it has to work but as far as overall stance and ride I am not sure how it will turn out. Using the rear struts is spose to give about a inch or so drop in the front. When Scott told me he was looking for a way to un 4x4 the front on stock springs I told him about the idea. Honestly I want Scott to finish up the front so I can see how it looks and drives.

okay i was confused, i thought i read somewhere that scott was gonna use the rear springs on the front struts, but that won't work because of the base size of both of them. but the idea is to use rear struts and springs on the front, i am curious to know how this will fit since the base of the rear spring is so huge. i don't know if it will hit anything or rub on the inner fender. i guess scott is the guinea pig on this project:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I've had the Teins for a long time now, but I definately need the edfc to go with it if it will make adjusting them easier. I don't know anything about them. I think they ride to stiff, but I guess that's what their made for.