ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived!!!!!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Ya, I'm thinking I'll do the grey moldings. I may even sell off the Bomex, but I doubt it. I'm gonna wait til I see a side view of Ken's car, and look around at some of the other 4-5 freshly painted 3E-5's before I make a final choice. Before seeing that picture, I was dead set on Red moldings.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
ForcedTorque said:
Ya, I'm thinking I'll do the grey moldings. I may even sell off the Bomex, but I doubt it. I'm gonna wait til I see a side view of Ken's car, and look around at some of the other 4-5 freshly painted 3E-5's before I make a final choice. Before seeing that picture, I was dead set on Red moldings.

Personally, I think you should leave the exterior stock looking, but that's just me. I'm a stock kinda guy, but it will look good either way. It will still be RED.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
I'm currently asking myself the same question. I have grey mouldings right now but I have just bought some JDM tails. The problem is that the trim on the tail section is darker than the rest of my mouldings so it would not match.

I guess my choices are to paint them all red or somehow modify the new lights to accept the moulding from another 89+ center section. Either way its a pain in the ass but they should both look good. I just have to decide what I like. Good luck...it's a tough call.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Well, I'm finally off of my ass and working on swapping the springs over from my parts car to get it off of the ground. I've removed one of the fronts off the parts car, and it was much easier than I thought. I'll post a new picture sometime today or tomorrow whenever I'm finished with both cars. I just came in to get some water, and stopped to wake the masses. It's not every day that I get to work on this beast.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
ForcedTorque said:
Hopefully tomorrow...... cold, windy, snowing here today:3d_frown: Doing some winterizing around the house today. I will get some fuel for garage heat today, and (if lucky) get to car tomorrow.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Scott, don't make fun of Ken's weather, he can't control that.............:biglaugh:

He isn't lieing though Ken. tomorrows high is 72 degrees. I would love for it to stay that temp. all year long.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Well, I now have the springs I need removed from the parts car. I still gotta get one tire back on, but I'm gonna pull the brake caliper for Jim first. Then I gotta figure out the combination of getting my jacks out from under it.

Anybody want a slam to the ground HARDTOP Shell? Pics after I get all 4 wheels to the ground.

n2fishin69

Work-a-holic
Jan 25, 2006
Way down South, in Dixie
suprahero said:
Scott, don't make fun of Ken's weather, he can't control that.............:biglaugh:

He isn't lieing though Ken. tomorrows high is 72 degrees. I would love for it to stay that temp. all year long.

It was was warm yesterday for sure. We went to the Satsuma Christmas parade and it was tank top and shorts weather! Usually it is cold or raining. A couple of years ago I told Scott we went need to drive our Supras in the parade whenever we get them looking sweet.
Scott, I appreciate the calipers! That will keep me from having to front the core charge when I get new ones from the store in a couple of weeks! I am going to get the loaded calipers and rotors.

Jim

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
tookwik4u89 said:
Damn, I can provide the snow pic Tanya was looking for.....but it's too late:(

I think she wants you to take them this year and save them for next years calendar. I'm going to try and get a picture of my car with leaves all around it for fall, but I kind of like being a summer car with the top out on the calendar. We will see.

Ryan usually calls me once a week during the winter to inform me that "I suck!!!! because it'll be fifty here and ten below up there............:aigo:

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
suprahero said:
I think she wants you to take them this year and save them for next years calendar. I'm going to try and get a picture of my car with leaves all around it for fall, but I kind of like being a summer car with the top out on the calendar. We will see.

Ryan usually calls me once a week during the winter to inform me that "I suck!!!! because it'll be fifty here and ten below up there............:aigo:
I hear you, I live for the summer....I love July. Winter sucks, I need to move to Flroida or something

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
sm_photo_missing.jpg

And for the record I only call Jay and tell him he sucks every couple weeks!! Most of the time its not because of the weather.:biglaugh:

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Damn, getting it already huh, Ryan. We just got sleet/ freezing rain all day on top of 1 inch of snow. I have to say it made a fun day driving around in the truck watching everyone suffer:) I am enjoying the crappy roads much more now that I'm not driving a RWD turbo car in it.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Ken, yesterday was a 4x4 day only around here!!! It is a bunch of fun laughing at the stuck cars in the ditches. Now if I could just sell my POS Bronco this winter for more than $2 my life would be complete. Kinda sad I am selling a Bronco for Supra parts..lol.

Scott I cant wait for pictures!!!!

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
You bunch of old farts, quit talking about the weather!!! Geez!:icon_razz Yall need rocking chairs and bib overalls. No better yet, those Dickies jumpsuits that old men always wear.

Scott, where are those pics of your car back up to where it's supposed to be? Oh, and the slamming shell.

Last edited:

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
gtsfirefighter said:
You bunch of old farts, quit talking about the weather!!! Geez!:icon_razz Yall need rocking chairs and bib overalls. No better yet, those Dickies jumpsuits that old men always wear.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I really dont hink we are that old!! Well I guess you can be the judge. This is a picture of Jay, Ken, Scott and I at the chicago meet this summer. Dave took the picture because he is just uglier than the rest of us.:icon_bigg