ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived!!!!!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I still gotta make it run, and have it painted before I can make Steele. And then after that, I can start making it look a little nicer under the hood. I gotta find a fan shroud, cause I think it looks like ass without it. And after I get it running, I also need to install my Greddy Profec and Walbro.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
You can handle it. I have nothing but faith in you. Now hurry up because you have one month until the meet..........:biglaugh:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Yep, I finally get time to work on it, and it's gonna rain all weekend. I did get my HKS 3000 pipe today, and I'm playing with it now. It looks like it's gonna require yet another silicone conector. That's a pain in the ass, but I can deal with it to get a larger pipe out of the deal. And the RED HKS on it is gonna make the engine bay look even better. I haven't gotten close to all the bling that bay is gonna have. But, I'm done for now, until I can make it run.

jmoneydtb

Old Skool Kool Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2006
mobile, al
Man, I'm glad you finally got a chance to work on it and get it closer to complete. I know it's been killing you to not be able to work on it. I cant' wait to come down and see it in person again (hopefully for Bayfest as long as I have the money and can fix my little missing issue I'm having, darn plug wires). Not only will this car look good, but it will be a beast too I'm sure! :evil2:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
James, your missing issue is in your injector clips. Just get something to push down on all of them. I think it's number 2 or 3. Then, when you come back down, I have a set of clips you can swap in there. They came from that second harness I had to put in my car.

I'm on my way to go get some breakfast at Krystal. I'm letting Chas do some driving. When I get back if it is still not raining, I will be getting in the car and swapping all the wrong fuses.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
mk3forme said:
looking goooood. Where did you get your HKS pipe from? Im looking for one as well.
I got it from HorsePowerFreaks. Price I think was $98. I orderred it back in June/July. They had to get it from Japan. It's possible that they restocked when they got mine, or you may have to order and wait like I did. Now may be the time to try them again if you tried before.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
It rains when I can work on the car, and stops when I have to go to work.................pisses me off!

I was able to get my fuses all swapped yesterday, but it made no difference. The car still has a short in it, that mimics the emergency flasher for a short while after I hook the battery back up. It goes away after I turn on and off the flasher, and turn the ignition on. But, I hear no fuel pump, and all I get out of the ignition is a click. My fuel line coming in is still not hooked up (one of the last things I have left to do). I can't help but wonder if it somehow grounds that system, and could be the cause of my short. It doesn't make sense though, so I think the short is elsewhere. I will know that soon, whenever it is dry enough to crawl back under the car.

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
as far as the hearing the fuel pump you wont hear it unless you short the two terminals per the TSRM. The fuel pump doesnt come on when you turn on the ignition like other cars do. I spent have the afternoon trying to track that problem down to find out there was no problem at all.. The fuel pump will start pumping when you crank over the motor.

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
What click do you hear from the ignition? Does the starter relay click?

As mk3forme said our pumps don't prime or anything with the ignition on.

Have you done the 12V mod to the fuel pump?

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
staticpat said:
What click do you hear from the ignition? Does the starter relay click?

As mk3forme said our pumps don't prime or anything with the ignition on.

Have you done the 12V mod to the fuel pump?
I'm assuming that's the starter relay clicking?????

And, NO...I haven't yet done the 12V mod. I will probably look into that when I install the Walbro, after the car runs.

tookwik4u89 said:
It sounds like the security system, is the security horn hooked up...the one by the brake booster? Headlights try to pop up?

I don't believe the security horn is hooked up, but I will check that out to be sure.

My headlight switch was on, so yes they did try to come up when I hooked the battery up. I haven't noticed anything else with the headlights. The motors are hooked up, but the headlight buckets are not fully installed yet, and not hooked to the motors. So, I could have missed some motor movement.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Scott..

Security makes headlights popup, flashers flash and that horn. powering up shouldnt make it pop up as they wouldnt go down with loss of power or turning car off. Hook up the battery and try cycling the key in the drivers door to deactivate the system.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
OK, here's the current situation.......................

My stock alarm horn was not in the car. I connected it, and took Ken's advise to try to deactivate it. That didn't help my electrical problem, but it could have set me into the right direction. The car has an aftermarket alarm system in it, that looks somewhat incomplete. There are a couple of hanging wires, and I cut one wire and removed the alarm horn while cleaning up the engine bay. So, I pulled the lower dash panel, and chased those wires to what looks to be the control center for that system tucked way up in the dash. It has a harness plugged into it with about 12-15 wires on it. My bet is that my ignition wires come into play with that, but didn't have time to figure out where all the wires go. There is probably a starter kill feature on that system. I'm gonna have to remove that thing and get all the wires back where they go.

But, time this weekend is short. The wife and I are going to a Collective Soul/Live/the former singer from Tonic Concert in Orange Beach tonight. We have MEET THE BAND tickets and 3rd row seats. So we are leaving shortly and making a day of it without the kids (Very Rare). We're going to go to the Riviera Center Outlet Mall, then to Lulu's (Jimmy Buffet's Sister's Restaurant on the water) for dinner and then to the show.

Then Tomorrow, I'm going to Mississippi for Crusing the Coast (Week long car show in Biloxi), and meeting up with other Supra owners. I'll be meeting up with Noah89T and Jugodegolf and hopefully several more Mississippi and Crescent City members.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I made real progress today!

I disabled the aftermarket alarm first by removing the control module, and cutting all wires that were attached to the ignition. This had no affect on my starting problem, but it did clear up my electrical short. Next just for kicks, I swapped out my starter relay, and ruled that out as well. So, I leaned on trusty old Supramania for advice. A quick search suggested if I hear the relay click, that is is either starter or starter wire. So, I then ran my positive battery directly to the starter, and found it to be a bad starter. Now my hopes are that once I replace the starter, this thing will spring to life. Last I looked around here for a starter, I couldn't find one. But, I feel like I do have one somewhere. If not, I will be getting a new one soon. With my EGR removed, I'm not so scared of a starter swap. So, as soon as I get time, maybe I'll have good news.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention fluids. I also got 5 quarts of Royal Purple into it today. And, I topped off my tranny with a quart of gear oil. Still gotta put the shifter back in though.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I think I have a starter in the dungeon Scott if you need one. Let me know and I'll get it in the mail to you.

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Scott if you have the starter already out try cleaning up the copper contacts and plunger inside with some sandpaper. It may not be a permanent solution but may get you running for now. I have an old 7m starter laying around, but the copper contacts on it are worn (like $5 for Toyota)