ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived!!!!!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Well today I got my accordian onto my Lexus (without boiling it), and got my adapter and filter attached too, so my intake is now taken care of. Also got my Intecooler piping almost finished. I'm still 1 45 degree coupler short. Then my head got to hurting, and I gave up for the day. I think I'm going to spread some newspaper over the table tonight after the kids go to bed, and get my wiring harness taken care of. I gotta swap over my injector clips, and AFC wiring to the new harness. I also need to repair a knock sensor wire. Any pointers there would be appreciated. If I can get this harnes done tonight, I can get it in the car tomorrow, and POSSIBLY attempt my first start. If I feel like I do now, I doubt that's happenning

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
ForcedTorque said:
Well today I got my accordian onto my Lexus (without boiling it), and got my adapter and filter attached too, so my intake is now taken care of. Also got my Intecooler piping almost finished. I'm still 1 45 degree coupler short. Then my head got to hurting, and I gave up for the day. I think I'm going to spread some newspaper over the table tonight after the kids go to bed, and get my wiring harness taken care of. I gotta swap over my injector clips, and AFC wiring to the new harness. I also need to repair a knock sensor wire. Any pointers there would be appreciated. If I can get this harnes done tonight, I can get it in the car tomorrow, and POSSIBLY attempt my first start. If I feel like I do now, I doubt that's happenning
I know that feeling Forced i am 42 and boy can the body hurt.:icon_bigg
Nice build you have.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
ForcedTorque said:

THat's great! I'
m drunk. Just got back form 20 hyear class reunion. Can't wait till the first start. Crsossing my fingers for ya.

Ken

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Well I got my harness completed ( I thought), and I got it installed into the car today. I had to add a starter wire once I got it in the car, and I still need to add a couple of connectors on the water side (no biggee). I also got my starter bolted back up right, and a few other minor things.

Tomorrow I will have a little more time to work on it than I had today. Maybe.........just maybe I can get far enough I can attempt a start finally. I might have to wait til one night this week, if I'm not working late every night again.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Good luck getting it started Scott. I know it will crank and idle perfectly. Keep us posted with the progress.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I made some progress today, but didn't get to try to start it. I had trouble with getting power to the car. The little extra wire coming off the positive battery has seemingly nowhere to go. There is a wire in the white car that this car does not have, that that wire goes to. It goes up into a harness under the fuse box, and gets lost. I also had to steal the plug off the alternator in my parts car, because my wires were broken off at the connector by what I call the M.F. tube that runs right behind it. I got most of my other small things taken care of today, but the intake manifold is still off, and I need to cut one more piece of intercooler piping to snug the bottom side up. It started raining on me when I was trying to figure out the power, so I packed it in for the day. I gotta take Alyssa back to Mississippi to start classes this week. So, it'll have to get finished one night this week..........if work allows.

jmoneydtb

Old Skool Kool Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2006
mobile, al
I said it once, on SF, I'll say it again here, GOOD LUCK! I really hope you will be able to crank it up by this weekend when I'm down to pick up MY SUPRA!!!FINALLY!!! and of course to give you the last of the money for it. :D Soon I won't have to jack your build thread cause I will have my own! lol! Of course that works both ways, I'm sure you will hassle me as much or more for pics as I do to you! :D
Good luck again!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I have been working my ASS off lately, and unable to do much with the car. I did finally get everything hooked up near the battery like it is supposed to be. But, the car still gets absolutely nothing. It's like there is not even a battery in the car. Whenever I get another chance to work on it, I will probably start by swapping out the battery cables first. I have swapped all the fuses under the hood, except the 100 amp. How do you get that one out? I need to also check all fuses inside the car. Any pointers here would be greatly appreciated...I'm stumped (for now).

And James..........it's time for a new sig, and a build thread. We want pics! I hear you already had it dyno'd..........I mean speed checked!

jmoneydtb

Nov 6, 2006
mobile, al
ForcedTorque said:
And James..........it's time for a new sig, and a build thread. We want pics! I hear you already had it dyno'd..........I mean speed checked!

Yeah, apparently I figured out that Mobile County Sheriff's need there radar guns recalibrated or they all need glasses or something. 72 is not the same as 52. I'm still pissed about that. I was going to take pics today but rain was threatining, it was a tad dirty from the trip back up here, I had no washing materials, and it was covered in a bazillion ants. Don't worry, the build thread will come as soon as I yank the IC off the z and throw it on.

Wish I had time to come and help you out a bit, I have lots o experiance chasing down wires.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
JustAnotherVictim said:
This thread does not deliver as promised.
I request a refund.

This thread will soon deliver! I don't care if I have to use some of this weeks overtime money to pay somebody else to do it while I keep working overtime. Money's only good when you can enjoy it.

As soon as I get it running, we will turn the page to beautifying the body.

n2fishin69

Work-a-holic
Jan 25, 2006
Way down South, in Dixie
Hey Scott,
That was me blowing the horn at 8pm last night while you were getting in your car at your work. I am working late all week as well, or I would come help you. I am pretty good at wiring too. I can't think of anything at the moment, except have you reset the alarm?? That one got us that time when I got my car. LOL
I am still losing about a quart of coolant a week, and don't know where it is going. I couldn't look at it this past weekend. I was house bound with bronchitis.
Jim

jmoneydtb

Nov 6, 2006
mobile, al
n2fishin69 said:
I can't think of anything at the moment, except have you reset the alarm?? That one got us that time when I got my car. LOL

Funny you should mention that...my car did the same thing as yours when I picked it up from Scott. lol! But it fired right up after we left the battery out for a few minutes and the ECU reset. I thought Scott was about to go ballistic on my car! lol!

n2fishin69

Work-a-holic
Jan 25, 2006
Way down South, in Dixie
Scott I just though of something. I think there are 2 breakers in the driver kick panel where the fuses are. I think one is a main. Take a paneling nail and push it in the hole to reset.
I MIGHT be able to help this weekend if company is gone. My grandfather passed away yesterday evening up here at the "retirement home" on Baker Rd. We have my brother coming in from out of town and my uncle and some cousins.
Jim

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Jim.......I'm sorry to hear of your loss!

I still have been working til 8-9 o'Clock every night, so I haven't touched it. AND, FOOTBALL starts tonight with 11 college games. This can't do anything good for me working on my car.