ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived!!!!!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Great News!!!

Alyssa is finally being released from the hospital. No real diagnosis of why she was there for 6 days, but the antibiotics seem to be helping.

And...........

I got a bunch of new goodies today from Driftmotion!

I got my new intercooler, IC piping (with RED couplers), Walbro Fuel Pump, and Air Filter. I just got off work, and haven't eaten.......So pics will probably be tomorrow.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
suprahero said:
Great news Scott, and congrats on the parts arrival. It's hard to go wrong dealing with Aaron.

I just was a little shocked at the size of the Intercooler. It seems a little small to me. I'll compare it to my stock one tomorrow. Maybe it's thicker??? It is pretty! I sure hope it is more effective than stock.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Ya, that's the one. Was your's small? or did I possibly get the wrong thing? My stuff did all come in a box marked S13/S14. I doubt Aaron would have screwed up, just used whatever box all my stuff would fit in.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I was just looking at wills7mgte" thread with his install of this IC. It looks like the same thing. In the box it looks small, but mounted on the car, it looks pretty good. I'll get it out of the box tomorrow.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Well, I finally got off my ass and took some pictures.

p662649_1.jpg

The intercooler...sitting on top of my stock one. Length and height are the same. The new one is a good bit thicker, and hopefully the pressure drop won't be near as bad as the old.

p662649_2.jpg

my newest fear.....installing this

p662649_3.jpg

My Lexus will also appreciate this. Ya, it's a $10 driftmotion filter

p662649_4.jpg

And James sent me a big chunk of what he owes on the white car today. That will go into the paint/body fund. I am thinking hard about buying some Bomex side and rear skirts. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about my front bumper. I might go stock wit a nice lip, or I might go with a body kit front bumper. I just can't really find one I like and can afford. The only one I really like is the Greddy, and it's high as hell.

Last edited:

jmoneydtb

Old Skool Kool Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2006
mobile, al
yay! mora pics! and i got to see em before anybody else...hehe, AIM, FTW! if somebody made a cfx front knock off i would say go with that. that bumper is sex.

7-m-g-t-e

DFW Supra's!
Sep 11, 2005
Dallas,Tx
ForcedTorque said:
Well, I finally got off my ass and took some pictures.

p662677_1.jpg

The intercooler...sitting on top of my stock one. Length and height are the same. The new one is a good bit thicker, and hopefully the pressure drop won't be near as bad as the old.

p662677_2.jpg

my newest fear.....installing this

p662677_3.jpg

My Lexus will also appreciate this:

p662677_4.jpg

And James sent me a big chunk of what he owes on the white car today. That will go into the paint/body fund. I am thinking hard about buying some Bomex side and rear skirts. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about my front bumper. I might go stock wit a nice lip, or I might go with a body kit front bumper. I just can't really find one I like and can afford. The only one I really like is the Greddy, and it's high as hell.
Have you seen this one that 935motorsports sells? It's cheaper than the real Greddy Front bumper and it's an exact replica. Here's the link.
https://935motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=79_14_92&products_id=1206

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
Hmm that link doesnt work. As far as the fuel pump goes, dont make the same mistake I made. I would highly recommend not cutting the wires and crimping to the old. I recommend replacing the whole wire. I realized after cutting and crimping that the remaining factory wire was in bad shape and the sheath was peeling off. You will have to drill out the rivets to remove the old. I reinstalled with screws and nylon nuts on the other end so I wouldnt have to worry about them backing off. Just my .02

Oh yeah and that intercooler looks awesome. I want to get the same one but just can spend the money right now. I have to cut this money pit off somewhere! Im just trying to get mine going right now, and still need some other things. Its a shame since I have the bumper off but thats the way it goes sometimes

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I made some decisions today!

First I am going to buy the shine auto A70 Spec G Bumper. It is very stock looking with a two hole lip built in. And the lower grille is gone, and a slighly different shape than just a cut out grille.

AND, I also sent a deposit to Blackkarma for his Bomex Side and Rear pieces.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Pics before story. I know you guys couldn't care less about a story.

I'm old...I love the jacked up rear end shot..........OK, I'm just sick!

p664631_1.jpg

Here it is almost in the car

p664631_2.jpg

And this is a close up of the turbo. That's my nifty little motor rolling table it is sitting on
p664631_3.jpg

You'll have to wait on the next pic of it sitting in it's correct spot. We got it in, and found that my 89 has an 86-88 crossmember. Not sure if it has been changed, or if it is a carry over part in this 89. So, Does anybody have a set of square mounts? I gave my last set away.

Last edited:

n2fishin69

Work-a-holic
Jan 25, 2006
Way down South, in Dixie
Hey Scott thanks for letting me help today! It was miserable hot, but I enjoyed it. I am glad we got it in with out a scratch to that newly painted engine bay.
It is gonna be a fine ride soon and likely be the fasted MKIII in Mobile County.
Jim

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Hey, that's a gorgeous looking turbo, but unfortunatetly it's surrounded by a red supra............:biglaugh:

My gspec bumper only cost me $265.00 and the one from 935 cost 399.00............:dunno:

The build is looking good Scott. Keep up the good work and don't forget about Chicago...................you've already forgotten haven't you?

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
suprahero said:
Hey, that's a gorgeous looking turbo, but unfortunatetly it's surrounded by a red supra............:biglaugh:

My gspec bumper only cost me $265.00 and the one from 935 cost 399.00............:dunno:

The build is looking good Scott. Keep up the good work and don't forget about Chicago...................you've already forgotten haven't you?
First......Your bumper is a G-Spec? And, Where did you get it for $265. I thought you bought from shine auto. They want $365 for it now. As soon as he answers a couple of questions, I will be making that purchase. And I have to go look for a frontal of your car now.

Just ask Jim if I've forgotten Chicago. We talked about it a good bit today. I'm coming! I just don't know if the car will be finished.