ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived!!!!!

n2fishin69

Work-a-holic
Jan 25, 2006
Way down South, in Dixie
ForcedTorque said:
Thanks to Jim (N2FISHN69) for helping me 95% to where I am right now.

You are welcome Scott! It was my pleasure. I wish I could help again today, but I am going to visit my grandfather who may not make it through this month. I also have a good freind who is in bad shape that I am going to visit today.
Today may be a depressing day.
Jim

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Keep your head up Jim. I miss my grandpa too, but everyone has their day. Hopefully you won't lose anyone today.

Car's looking great Scott.............:love:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I made a little more progress today! The tranny mount, and driveshaft are now in place. I also got my catback hung. I didn't hang the front end, because the turbo I got from Suprahero had no studs to hand the elbow on. I noticed that a while back, but forgot about it until today. Next, I did some work in the bay

7-m-g-t-e

DFW Supra's!
Sep 11, 2005
Dallas,Tx
ForcedTorque said:
I made a little more progress today! The tranny mount, and driveshaft are now in place. I also got my catback hung. I didn't hang the front end, because the turbo I got from Suprahero had no studs to hand the elbow on. I noticed that a while back, but forgot about it until today. Next, I did some work in the bay
Any pics?

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Computer freaked in the middle. Here's the rest of what I typed before losing connection:

I hung my oil cooler, installed the radiator and fan, and I figured out my problem with my air filter. I need to get an adapter to connect it to the AFM. That was the first of several little headaches I have with the airflow.

1. Need the filter adapter
2. My piping for my Greddy Type-S BOV is stock size, so I need to find a 2 1/2" piping with the proper flange.
3. Does the Lexus AFM fit the stock accordian? I tried briefly, but left it for later.
4. I'm gonna need to get the HKS 3000 pipe. I thought I could tighten a coupler on the stock 3000 to get started, but they are just a little big!

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
ForcedTorque said:
I got a question...................Do you guys use the wire connectors they give you with your AFC type products, or do you soder to the wiring harness?
I like to solder and heat shrink. I do like the scotch lock connectors though too, they are pretty good.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Newest Update**********

The UPS man brought me some goodies today! I know, it brings out the need for paint a little more, but hey........Maybe I'll be a ricer for a while! I do plan on having them molded in, but I'll be damned if I'll go all Tooqwik style, and try to do it myself in 100% humidity and triple digit temps.

p676604_1.jpg

p676604_2.jpg

After playing with those for a while, I put them away. Then, I broke out the sodering gun, and just about got finished with the AFC wiring. I got a call to go meet a buddy with only one wire left. Had to run, and when I got back it was too dark to work.

A couple questions:

1. With the Bomex sides........I assume I remove the mud flaps in the front, but do they go over the ones on the rear bumper? Or, is there some sort of combination of the two back there?

2. On the AFC.........my wire that goes to illumination power, What is the best source? I wasn't counting that one when I typed 1 wire left. I still gotta put a connector on the Karmin Signal wire too.

Last edited:

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
You have to remove the fronts, and I cut a chunk out of the rear so the rear end mounted flush. Also, that top edge with the 4 holes I cut off completely, that's just me though. It's sooooooo much fun;););)

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
p677754_1.jpg

Holy crap theres two of them???:biglaugh:

Its like you two are building the same car??? Just what the world needs, two Red Rockets....lol

Scott better enjoy those rams now cause after you lower it they no fitty anymore!!!!:icon_bigg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'd rather have one blue supra than have two red rockets...............:biglaugh:

Looking good Scott.................:love:

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
OMG Ken is actually online when we are??? Dont you got a car to paint or something MR?????:biglaugh:

Nice Job helping Scotty out with the pictures!!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
He's not doing it to help Scott out. He's trying to intimidate us with all of these red cars..............:3d_frown: