FINALLY - Especially for JMDigital - LilMissMkIII's Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Pic from Friday night - Lip painted and on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I came home from work to find Sam had a VERY productive afternoon :boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies:)

p1140914_1.jpg

Didn't have time to do anything yesterday -Had errands to run and then the in-laws came over for a BBQ...

This morning, we fired her up - found out one of the clamps on the upper rad pipe is dodgy - shit went everywhere (was quite funny!)

We are just about to take her off the stands and pull her out of the garage to get started on the struts and springs... Stay tuned for before and after pics :D

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Ok, so car is being driven to the shop as I type this...

Today we got the struts and springs done - she looks SOOOO much better now we have eliminated the 4wd stance:

Before:

View attachment 24849

After:

100_0970.jpg

I also fixed up my carpet - it was putrid!!!!

Didn't get before pics, but it was awful and stained... Here's what it looks like now:

100_0975.jpg
100_0976.jpg

I've also cleaned and polished all the interior trim pieces:

100_0978.jpg

Still awaiting the arrival of the seat covers... Car has gone to the shop with just the driver's seat, in the hope they come tomorrow, and we can start working on changing the covers over this week...

Will be updating this each day this week, as I hear from the guys at ESP... 5 more sleeps till I get my baby back with some more power!!!!! :boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies:

Last edited:

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Awesome update!!

Sorry if I missed it in the thread, but what did you use to clean and polish the interior pieces?

I want to give mine some much needed TLC while its all apart

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Congrats Kristel. After five more moon, you'll have an awesome car............I can't wait to see the interior.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Dan, it's just a cheapo dash and trim care cleaner I got from SuperCheap...

Gave it all a once over with a damp cloth, then used as directed. Let it sit for half an hour, then did it all again. It looks super shiny!!!! Will keep doing it each night until the show... Although the stuff was cheap, it works great, and has built-in sun protection!

I'll run out to the garage a bit later and get the brand name for you :)

Jay, I can't wait either... I have been waiting over 8 weeks for these seat covers to arrive, and I'm now at my wits end. I really am hoping (for the manufacturer's sake that) they arrive today.

We did run into an issue with swapping the GReddy guages from the Soarer into the Supra... Damn Japs wired it in all weird, and it would have taken a whole day to sort and trace the wires... Will have to be a job for another day!

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Tell me about it!!!!!!!!!!!! I was SOOOO excited to get them into the Supra (as opposed to sitting in the Soarer doing nothing) :(

Oh well... They will definitely be going in at a later date, just not in time for the show this weekend...

Later this arvo, will be popping down to the guys at ESP to see what's happening... Expect some pics :)

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
OK, just got back from ESP, and they have done the fuel pump and injectors. They also changed the spark plugs - there were OLD SCHOOL Jap plugs in there!!!!!! Lol!!!!

Tomorrow should be the exhaust and wiring.

Also spoke with them re: the fan. We are removing the clutch fan and replacing it with a thermo whilst they put in the TRD thermostat we picked up, and in a few weeks, she'll be going back in for a new water pump - so the entire cooling system will have been overhauled (YAY!!!!!!!!!!)

(Sorry there are no pics, but there wasn't really much to see, and also, I have "mummy brain" today and forgot to take the camera!)

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Got word from Sam that the seat covers have finally arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies:

Pics will be up in an hour or so when I get home from work :D

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Those pics are dangerous. They make me want to get my interior re-trimmed while the car is apart.

Looks sweet, your car is really coming along as of late!

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Ian -Won't be deflated for much longer! :D

Dan - It is dangerous! I have been wanting these since the first time I got my car! Has taken me 2 and a half years, but I finally have them!!!!!

I hope the black & grey looks good - I want it to look stock, but sexy :)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
deflated? reinflated? I don't know what Ian could possibly have been talking about......:rolleyes:

Those seat covers are going to look great Kristel............:love:

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
They are already looking great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :boobies: :love: :boobies: :love: :boobies: :love: :boobies: :love: :boobies:

We are working on the rears at the moment... The tops will be done tonight, and we'll work on the bottom and the passenger seat tomorrow night :)

Also dropped by ESP tonight... Exhaust is on, and they have sent my rad away to get some mounts for a thermo fan and a switchy-thing so it kicks in at 88C. The HKS pipe is now sitting alot better, and the map2ecu is being wired in tomorrow, along with a electric boost and temp guages, and the EBC and RevSpeed Meter.

It's all happening!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.